drove an `04 vette

Test drove an `04 Vette 6-speed today... first Vette I ever drove. It wasn't as fast as I expected, but it was pretty damn fast regardless. It was impressive, but I felt pretty good about my Mustang GT after jumping back into it. As far as I'm concerned, the Mustang is way more practical overall and handles just as good, at least for everyday street use. None of these cars seem to compare to the big block musclecars I remember from years ago. I guess there is just no substitute for cubic inches, period. I have yet to drive a supercharged car though. But I think I'd prefer a big cube engine over a small engine with a blower. The `05 Vette with 6.0 liters /

400 ft/lbs of torque at 4400rpm is starting to look like a nice prospect. Will we ever see anything bigger than a 4.6 in a Mustang? That would be awesome.
Reply to
Ned

I test drove the '04 SVT Cobra. Here's the perspective... I drive a Bullitt... I don't consider my car to be slow by any means. I took my car in for some standard maintenance at the dealer. While I was waiting... I kept hearing my name being called by this beautiful red SVT. so, I broke down... and when my Bullitt wasn't looking, I hurried around the corner to the front lot. I had to check again to see if the Bullitt was looking. So, I peeked around the corner and luckily "she" was too busy looking forward to all the fresh new oils and plugs she was going to get. So, the sales dude and I got in the SVT and off we went.... I asked the guy how much of a test he minds that I do... he asked what kind of car I drive... I told him... he said... go for it. I didn't lay rubber cuz that wouldn't be fair to the one who buys this fine auto. but, I did push it a bit. by the time we got back I couldn't stop smiling... I felt so ashamed when I got back in the Bullitt... I still haven't told her... but, I know she knows...

Reply to
DumberThanSnot

took my car

waiting... I

looking. So,

sales dude

Way too funny :-}

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

I have not yet test driven a new Cobra, but I did sit in one. The clutch effort in the `04 Corvette is much lighter and way more pleasant than the Cobra. The clutch in the one Cobra I sat in was super stiff... not really tolerable in my opinion for everyday daily driving. I was initially scared that the Vette was going to also have a super stiff clutch, but to my pleasant surprise, the Vette clutch was really nice... perfect in my opinion. It may sound ridiculous to choose a car based on its clutch stiffness, but something as seemingly insignificant as clutch stiffness is the type of thing that after a while you can wind up cursing every single time you take the car out... thus it is actually quite significant. I have driven big block musclecars (500+ ft-lb of torque engines) with clutches that were not that stiff, and they worked fine, no slippage... I wonder why the Cobra has such a stiff clutch? Unless the one Cobra I sat in had a specific problem or something? Was brand spankin' new. Maybe a Centerforce could be swapped in? But heck, after paying top dollar for a brand new car, I sure don't want to have to swap clutches right away. That `05 Vette is looking better and better (shit, hope the `05 vette clutch isn't any stiffer than the `04!)

Reply to
Ned

He was trying to be funny? I thought he was confessing. My 93 knows she's the only girl for me. ;)

Brad

Reply to
Brad

So get a damn Vette already. Vette or Cobra.. you're going to be grinning ear to ear. You gripe like an old man about the clutch though...

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Interesting... I loved the clutch on the little red cobra I test drove... maybe it's just me though. You REALLY need to test drive a cobra. Every gear I hit felt so nice to be shoved back in the set like it did. If I didn't love my Bullitt so much, I would be a no-brain'r for me to snatch up that one I test drove. I have do go back down there this week and want to see how many are still left at the dealership.... this time I'll bring the wife and see if she wants to test drive one... heheheh... if she gets a cobra, then I've got the best of my two worlds... a Bullitt and a Cobra.

-brian

Reply to
DumberThanSnot

Brian,

If your wife gets a Cobra you'll have to change your handle from dumber than snot to one lucky bastard.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

hahaha... I would have to agree!