dwight goes country

My prerequisites were the garage and a big yard (read: separation). Jean's was that the house be in move-in condition, and it is. Sure, there are some changes we'd like to make, but it's in overall fantastic shape and we love just about everything about it.

The one thing I'll do immediately is in the attic. There's a single access panel in the hallway ceiling, and the attic itself is bare joices. I have to put down a plywood flooring up there for storage (read: get stuff out of my stinkin' garage) and a set of pull-down stairs. It's a full-size attic, but never really used.

Otherwise, there's nothing to do but to put a shine on the hardwood floors. All my work so far has been outside, raking, weeding, and pulling those 4' dandelions.. (The neighbor to one side has a row of pine trees, and I see poison ivy growing over there. I can't even get CLOSE to poison ivy.)

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Friend of mine saw the back yard and immediately started plans for a 2-hole golf course. If he'd spring for the earth mover and all that white sand, I'd consider it.

But I think the greens would have to be hand-mowed.

Never mind. Too much work.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Hah! I'm 50 years old, and I think I've seen 20" of snow maybe five times. I'm not worried.

My only concern is what color to paint the thing. The blue-gray faded wood look isn't working for me.

:()

Reply to
dwight

You are north of rt926 you will get twice what you got in Drexel Hill.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Congrats. And try driving a golf ball or a baseball, it gets a lot smaller real quick :-p

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Holy carp, it's a loooong walk to that barn. I bet it get's even longer with two feet of sneaux.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

That's what you say now, but it won't last. If you don't, Jean will come up with things that "need to be done/changed"... watch.

But its all fun... enjoy the new digs...

Patrick '93 Cobra (102,000 and counting)

Reply to
NoOption5L

No, you're right. She has plans. Luckily, she knows that I'm dangerous around hand tools, so we usually call in the pros.

Odd... Just like with my cars.

Speaking of which... What a joy! TFrog has been somewhat neglected over the past few months (hey, we've been busy), so I washed it down yesterday and pulled it into the garage. Got about half of the car polished back to black, and walked away. I can pick it up again today and finish that part, then put the wax on at my leisure. Before, without a garage, I had to get the entire job done as soon as possible (five or six hours). Now, I don't have to worry about its unprotected surfaces...

Garages rock.

:()

Reply to
dwight

Yeah. Like Jack Nicholson's "Joker" said, "Wait'll they get a load of ME!"

:()

Reply to
dwight

Fuscia with lime trim.