dwight goes country

I have died and gone to heaven.

Since June 1984, we've lived in a great little 3-bedroom twin in a great neighborhood. Little by little, the neighborhood changed dynamics as people left, new people moved in. Some of you know that basketball hoops sprang up like weeds behind my house, and TFrog's alarm was constantly going off as wayward basketballs bounced off my car.

Last year, the little girl two doors up went into heat, and it wasn't unusual to see 40 to 50 kids hanging around out back of my house in the alleyway on a Friday or Saturday night (or, hell, ANY night in the summertime). This past year, the neighbors on the other side of the adjoining wall added a small dog, and that damn dog barked NONSTOP whenever they went out. And they went out a lot. Chinese dog torture.

So we decided to move.

I insisted only on a two-car garage, and enough ground to putter around on. The house itself was Jean's choice. And she made a great one.

We now live on a super-quiet cul-de-sac in the outer burbs of Philadelphia (horse country). The property backs up to a reservoir and has an alleged .62 acre. Cutting the grass yesterday, I'd swear it was larger.

The best way I can describe it is that it's like living in a vacation home, but the interior is like staying at a better hotel. We can't believe it's ours.

Quick photo page:

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Welcome to the County Dwight! Will I see ya at the Kimberton Show this Sunday? I'll be wearing a Dawkins Jersey. Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Greeeeeen Acres is the place to be, Farrrrrrm livin' is the life fer me. . . .

Two weeks max, you're bored s**tless and ready to move back to the "twin."

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Awesome place, dwight!! Glad you liked the move too! DFrog now huh? haha.. too funny ;).

-Mike

Reply to
memset

very nice place congrats

Reply to
IsellJeeps

He won't have TIME to be bored shitless.

Great looking place Dwight... It's going to take some adjustment, that's for sure. We moved for all of the same reasons that you did.

Wait till your Mrs starts landscaping projects.

Now and then I miss the convienence, but I think we are much further from town than you are so that shouldn't be a problem. We have to drive for 40 minutes to get to a Home Depot!

Oh... and when you want to see what a REAL mower will do, come try my Husqvarna and make a quick pass through our little 10 acres!

*wink*

I am more than my fiar share of jealous over teh size of your garage! It looks HUGE, like they should be. Ours was built as a two car, but only big enough to hold Shug and one of the Shriner's cars LOL

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

First week in the new place, so I don't know. I'll swing by if I can (and I usually can).

:()

Reply to
dwight

I'll take that bet!

No, this truly is nirvana. I can spend the rest of my life right here. And the good part is, because of its situation, there will never be any new construction going on in the area.

Today was Weed Pulling Day.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

So far, that's certainly true!

Hold on, y'all. The garage and the grounds are MINE. She's welcome to plant some peonias along the front walk, but that's about it. I've got my own plans. That was the deal. She picks the house, I pick the garage and acreage.

I'm only about 25 minutes from the old place, but it's an entirely different world. Still, it's just a hop skip and jump down the highway to the nearest Home Depot. Been there twice already.

Yeah, yeah. Would anyone be surprised to know that I was out in the garage putting a coat of Carnuba on DFrog?

Yep. The garage had to pass my standards. It IS big - a "real" two-car garage. Also some space for storage. We have one Mustang, Jean's Escape, DFrog, and the push mower in there now, with plenty of room to spare. The Deere is going into a shed out back, as soon as I grab me some ramps.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Either that or JDFrog. Hmmmm.

I also bought a cheap WeedWacker push mower ('cause it was green, just like the Deere), and I call it "Little John".

I think I'm losing it.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Thanks!

I spent the day cleaning up the front walk. We have a HUGE non-fruit-bearing cherry tree out front, and it's all done blooming. The blooms are now all over my front lawn.

I also spent an hour or so pulling monster dandelions out of our Serenity Walk.

We have a Serenity Walk.

I hardly know myself anymore.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

"dwight" wrote

| > Oh... and when you want to see what a REAL mower will do, | > come try my Husqvarna and make a quick pass through our little 10 acres! | > *wink* | | Yeah, yeah. Would anyone be surprised to know that I was out in the garage | putting a coat of Carnuba on DFrog?

OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!!

I just waxed the husky day before yesterday, even put shiney stuff on the tires!!!!

FOFLMAO! And here I thought it was my own dirty little secret!

| | > I am more than my fiar share of jealous over teh size of your garage! It | > looks HUGE, like they should be. | > Ours was built as a two car, but only big enough to hold Shug and one of | > the | > Shriner's cars LOL | | Yep. The garage had to pass my standards. It IS big - a "real" two-car | garage. Also some space for storage. We have one Mustang, Jean's Escape, | DFrog, and the push mower in there now, with plenty of room to spare. The | Deere is going into a shed out back, as soon as I grab me some ramps.

Sounds GREAT to me! Luckily, we have the shop to go with ours. We can park the tractor, the truck and the Husky in there if we have to.

So glad that you found a place that you love

Whatcha gonna do outside? We've been putting in rock gardens.

| | dwight | |

Reply to
SVTKate

| > -Mike | | Either that or JDFrog. Hmmmm. | | I also bought a cheap WeedWacker push mower ('cause it was green, just like | the Deere), and I call it "Little John". | | I think I'm losing it. | | dwight | We carried our old mower out here. Now it seems rinkydink and little.

I used to LAUGH at people with riding mowers!

Now, I keep thinking that I need a bigger one, or a finish mower for the tractor.

AND since we have a Kubota tractor (orange) and the Husky is orange, you guessed it, anything else has to be orange too.

What the heck is up with that anyway???

Reply to
SVTKate

Congratulations, looks great!

I'm sure you and the Mustangs will enjoy it.

Reply to
William Claude Dukenfield

lmfa a longer walk

h u r a s t

Reply to
fredtjohnson

Nothing wrong with being color coordinated. But I suspect it's just too much HGTV.

:()

Reply to
dwight

Nice! I like it!

Here's a tip: Start a shuttle service to Walmart and Home Depot/Lowes because I swear with a new place you'll find yourself going there at least once *every* day for the first few months.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

"dwight" wrote | Nothing wrong with being color coordinated. But I suspect it's just too much | HGTV.

Nope!

DIY, thankyouberymuch!

LOL

Reply to
SVTKate

Just wait till you find out your next door neighbors' son is a pig name Arnold.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Hah! It's not THAT removed. This is the "outer suburbs" of Philadelphia. No pigs or cows or chickens, just the occasional deer passing through. We still have regular trash pickups twice a week and public sewer (no outhouse). But I did want to get a big ol' straw hat for when I'm riding the tractor...

dwight

Reply to
dwight