EFI in '85????

Never saw anything like this before, didn't think EFI came until '86. Any truth to this??

Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

The '85 GT auto trans was CFI, I'm not sure if that is the original air cleaner cover or if Ford just called the CFI "Electronic Fuel Injection" that year.

Reply to
WraithCobra

I have the identical car (only in great shape with 78k miles on it), and that is the factory air cleaner cover. It is, in fact, CFI - two big injectors in what looks like a carburetor base.

Mine's for sale too.. $2k takes it home.

JS

JS

Well, I learn something new everyday, lol!! JS, your car for 2K isn't a t-top is it? Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

That is indeed the original air cleaner, I just parted one of these cars and still have the air cleaner assembly available.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Nope, factory sunroof... great big thing.. but no T-tops....

JS

Reply to
JS

Damn, I was ready to come pick it up too. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Yeah, I know you were interested in it the first couple times I posted it. It's still for sale... ;-)

Damn not having T-tops. That and it's slow with the CFI/AOD combo. Grr.

I contemplated putting some fresh E7TE heads and an '83 factory 4-bbl on it... but then I'd probably just convert it to a 5-speed and keep it. I have just about all of the parts...

JS

Reply to
JS

This looks to be a "CFI" which was used or I think only 2 years. It is two electronic fuel injectors in a throttle body (carburetor like) housing.

I have one on an 88 Bronco and have one from a (I think) '86 mustang like yours currently installed in a '65 2+2 that came from a donor car. Still trying to figure out what to put in it for the long term (original engine N/A)

What is the firing order for this engine? Is there any possibility that 4-6 are reversed (or is it 3-5) I can never remember which is #1 left or right side.

Are the left bank viewed from the driver seat middle two cylinders reversed from normal V8 302 firing order on this engine?

Bob

Same as a 302 HO ( which is what it is ) or a 351. StuK

Stuart&Janet