What not to do in the snow

yanks,

yanking, need you say more?

Reply to
Tom Burton

Ooops!

When I was teaching my wife to drive we went out in the snow. We approached a very tight left bend at about walking pace 'cos the road was icy. As we tottered up to the bend on tiptoe the Escort behind overtook and went straight on through someone's garden wall and onto their lawn.

We stopped to see if he was OK and got "That was your fault. You were going too slowly and I had to overtake you".

Told him to put that on his insurance report and yes, of course he could have our details and yes, if he really wanted he could ring the police and yes of course we'd wait till they arrived. Sadly he didn't.

Reply to
Guy King

Bloody hell, and you thought you heard them all!

If someone said that to me I would just tell em where to shove it and drive off.

You know its really funny, some people just do not seem to appreciate snow

Reply to
Oliver Keating

The message from "Oliver Keating" contains these words:

There's a bloke lives out the back of here whose car had a ding in the front. I asked him what had happened and he said "Some woman was faffing about and when I overtook her I hit someone".

Mind you, on the way down to Sarf Wales last weekend I got stuck behind a horsebox so settled down for a long wait (you don't overtake much in a diesel Maestro with a heavy trailer with an oven in it) and the bloke between me and the horsebox overtook on a blind left bend over the crown of a hill straight into the teeth of a trafpol car. How they missed I'll never know, but the trafpol bods did a u-turn and shot past us all and nabbed him. Just for once there was a copper where you wanted one!

I'd have loved to have earwigged on the conversation.

Reply to
Guy King

trafpol.... i had to think bout that, thought it was some sort of welsh name

Reply to
Tom Burton

The message from "Tom Burton" contains these words:

Well...it was near Brecon!

Reply to
Guy King