FS in NC: 1993 Notch, black interior, bullitt wheels

1993 Mustang LX notch (Sedan), 5.0 5-speed with black interior (Rare!). Runs and drives like a dream. Turns heads and sets off car alarms. Awesome and fun to drive! The ONLY reason I am selling is b/c I need as fuel efficient car for my daily commute to work. I'm investing in a 2004 Subaru WRX.

List of mods: Bullitt wheels with near new tires, Center force dual friction clutch, hurst shifter, mac off road h pipe, mac flowpath mufflers, rebuilt world class t5 transmission, billet fuel pressure regulator, 190 fuel pump (in tank)bbk, Saleen wing, 2 1/2 cowl hood (double cowl), Ford rear end, 373 frpp ring and pinon, mac girdle, new bearings, hardened axles (moser), frpp aluminum drive shaft, south side upper and lower control arms, converted 5 lug with rear disc brakes, aluminum clutch cable quadrant adjusts at firewall, Upgraded alternator (from new model), 73 c&l mass air meter, ps91 coil, frpp spark plug wires., 4 cylinder springs (weight transfer), Battery in trunk, K&N filter, Aftermarket CD player & speakers (Polk), Windows tinted,

Problems: Needs paint, Windshield has a small crack at top, Parking brakes cables need to be installed, Front wheels can't use Bullitt centers unless converted to SN95 spindles, Speedo is off due to gear swap (160k shown, actual is around 125k),

See a picture at:

If you want anymore info or pictures just let me know. snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Price is $6500.00 firm. Located in Elon, NC.

Chad

1969 Mach1 351W 4-speed 1993 Notch 5.0 5-speed
Reply to
Chad

You're about $2000 over for an unmodded Mustang of that vintage. Modded cars usually go for less. Since many states require cats, you've severely limited your market and drastically reduced the value of your car.

Your other mods aren't that desirable, either, even though you've put quite a few bucks into them; they just aren't very performance oriented, with the exception of the $200 rear gears. And your car has problems that most owners just don't want to deal with, especially paint. That's expensive, unless you own stock in MAACO.

I hope you do sell it for big bucks, though. Every sucker that buys an older Mustang for an inflated price just makes my Mustang all the more valuable.

And I appreciate that.

doc

Reply to
doc

How about this.......if you're not interested in it, DON'T POST! Damn purists.

Helmut Roner

1988 "To hell with vintage" GT
Reply to
HELMUT RONER

It's a buyers market for fox bodied Mustangs right now, even convertibles can be had for a reasonable prices

Reply to
Matthew B. Tepper

I don't think there was too much of it had to do with purity... it's just a proven fact that a modified car doesn't usually sell as well as a stock one. If I'm buildling a car, I'd rather have one that came from Ford the way I expect it to, not one that someone's already moved this, changed that, etc. Buying into someone else's problems and hassles just doesn't seem like the thing to do.

Now, if I'm looking for a turn-key car that's already done the way I want, that's different... but most people aren't into that. Even those who just want to drive it around don't want to take a chance of having to deal with problems brought about by a previous owner.

I bought a pure '88 LX notchback - still had the original spark plugs and wires - earlier this year... but I sold it due to lack of funds to modify the hell out of it. The new owner will probably stick with the simple things - 5-lug conversion, gears, and a blower. I wanted a injected, stroked, and blown Windsor, performance automatic trans, full cage, and some mini-tubs.

JS

Reply to
JS
*pokes Helmut in the ribs* Good one!