Gas mileage of 2002 V6 vs V8??

i wonder how much different of the gas mileage in between the V6 and V8??

thanks for the input

Reply to
WKH

In my 03 GT 5 spd., I got 23 mpg in mixed driving. I'm no wild man on the road though. Expect 2 or 3 mpg better with the V6. 03 and 02 should be identical in milage. John

Reply to
jriegle

With my 03 Gt 'Vert I get about 18-20. Most of my driving is local and I don't get to use 5th gear that much.

Joe '03 Gt 'Vert 5spd

Reply to
joe
2002 GT 5-speed 18 -19 in traffic (Houston) , 22 - 23 interstate

2002 V6 Auto 17 - 18 traffic, 21-22 interstate.

The V6 works a lot harder to get around traffic on the interstate.

Reply to
ROBBCWZ

What are you guys shifting at to get such high mpg?

Reply to
Kuta

Around town, I putz around like an old lady, upshifting at 2000 rpm. On the freeway, the sky's the limit, and I usually punch it for all it's worth getting on, shifting at 3500 or so, then settle down to 65 mph. in 5th gear with the cruise set. I do not downshift when comming to a stop.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

i wonder why V6 has lower mileage thatn V8??

Reply to
shawnews

It can go either way, and mostly depends on the driver. I can coax nearly 40 mpg. out of my beater as well, when others average 25.

There are several things you can do to the car to encourage better fuel mileage, uncluding synthetics in the drivetrain, parking it in the garage at night instead of outside (decreases warm-up time), inflating the tires properly, using the correct tire size (big, fat tires create a lot of extra drag), using the proper grade of oil, and keeping the engine in excellent tune. The type of fuel you use makes a big difference as well; using fuel cut with alcohol isn't good, nor is using a higher octane than called for in the user's manual.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

Hey Martin, how much you want for the Fiero?

Reply to
Bear Trucker Lvr