Gas prices go crazy in Toronto

Currently oscillating between $0.79 and $0.89 per litre or $3.58 and $4.05 Can. per gallon. $4.05 Can per imperial gallon is $2.63 U.S. per U.S. gallon.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

It went DOWN to 84.9/liter in the last couple of days.... I live directly above this stuff. That is over $3.20 CA for one US gallon. One of my pick ups has dual tanks.... you wont get change back from a C note at the pump island....

Reply to
Jim Warman

I saw two stations tonight; One had it at $0.79, the other at $0.89. I paid $1.00/litre to fill up.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

If you saw one at .79, why did you pay 1.00??

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Why do you suppose they are jumping like that?

Reply to
SVTKate

Most likely for 94, those prices would be for 87.

Reply to
Jafo

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Reply to
D.K.R.

I drive a Mach-1. Guess why it cost me $1.00?

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

The price dynamics in Toronto (Canada) work differently than in the U.S. You (the U.S.) see prices rise and fall over a longer time. Our prices rise and fall by the hour here. Typically (and I saw it last long weekend) prices are jacked up on Thurs or Friday to hit people who have to fill up. People got smarter so now it's more erratic, but anytime people are definitely going to do travelling, the prices are quickly raised. The oil companies backed off this last summer for awhile owing to media pressure and consumer outrage. Can you imagine if your cable company did this? What I do see happening is a far-sighted company offering consumer "contracts" as has been done with energy and home heating oil for the year at a fixed price. Whatever company does this will make millions of $'s for itself. But then you'd have to get the oil companies (who own the pumps) to buy in to it in some fashion.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA