Gas prices in So Cal

As I reported earlier in the week 2.00 a gallon

Last night 2.01 a gallon

When I got up this morning 2.09 a gallon

This is the cheapest place I know of Gumby619

"Drive it like you are an Arab"

Reply to
Gumby619

We're in the 1.70's in the Seattle area.

When do we ge the benefit of stealing all that oil, like Osama says???

Steve BBB on a stand.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

I have seen as high as 2.20 for 89 at the beach today

Gumby619

"Drive it like you stole it from an Arab"

Reply to
Gumby619

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

...and now you're lucky if you get a squeegee with some soapy water to clean your windows covered with the dirt that comes off our roads as a result of the drizzle that's unique to the area.

If you want full service, go to OR... it's your only option!?

Of course with our traffic, you have to fill up just to go to the gas station to fill up again.

Steve BBB on a stand.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

You can check prices at your local stations on this website.

It's better when MORE people join and help out with price checking!

-ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert w/93 Cobra long block, GT-40 heads, Unknown Camshaft(??), HyperTech Chip, 73mm C&L MAF, BBK 2.5" O/R H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 Series Deltas, King Cobra Clutch Set, BBK Strut Tower Brace, Poly bushings.
Reply to
Katmandu

So you got that email as well.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

what email? seriously... I haven't seen email's on this topic. But, I doubt heavily that an email attempt at this would work. it would have to be bigger than that, such as a radio station that can organize something (like are good at) that would be heard by the whole city.

-brian

Reply to
DumberThanSnot

I don't know what (like are good at means)... it was supposed to be (like

*they* are good at)...

sheesh

-brian

Reply to
DumberThanSnot

2.39 and up in Malibu yesterday. :-(
Reply to
Scudder

This email.

Reply to
MadDAWG

And this response: From

"A boycott of a couple of brands wouldn't result in lower overall prices: Prices at all the non-boycotted outlets would rise due to the temporarily limited supply and increased demand, making the original prices look cheap by comparison. The shunned outlets could then make a killing by offering gasoline at its "normal" (i.e., pre-boycott) price or by selling off their output to the non-boycotted companies, who will need the extra supply to meet demand. The only person who really gets hurt in this proposed scheme is the service station operator, who has almost no control over the price of gasoline."

Reply to
Garth Almgren

That's Hilarious.... I swear I've never seen (or heard) of this or any other e-mail (or anything else like this for that matter) on this topic. I've been telling my wife over the last few months that we need to get our radio station to make this announcement.

I used Exxon and Mobil cuz they are the big-dogs on the block. And I can guarantee that if they feel the crunch, then you would think that the rest would sit up and notice.

But, I still think that email is not the answer. that requires people to actually do something (like send a message to a bunch of people and so on and so on). All it takes is one person to call the radio station and all of a sudden 50 thousand people just heard you in the space of a few seconds. Plus, like this guy says in that e-mail, to not buy for a year is not likely... I suggested 2 to 3 weeks. if all of San Diego didn't buy gas from Exxon for 3 weeks, I bet that would put a little dent in their pocket book... if it doesn't get their attention... then we do it again.

-brian

Reply to
DumberThanSnot

It is 1.60 here on Cape Cod today.

Martin

2002 GT
Reply to
Martin

Yeah, I found out about gasing up in OR.... the hard way.... of course that is how I know when I have slipped across the state line on the back roads.

And I wouldn't use that soapy water on YOUR car let alone mine! I used to just go find a hose, and once in a while go to a truck stop I frequented where I could drive up on a rack and steam clean the car.

I once made a road trip from Tacoma to Vancouver with a bunch of friends in the 65 FB I had then. Didn't pay for gas. Every time I ran out, we just waited for the WSP to come by. Talk about a lost weekend.... LOL.... but Vancouver was GREAT! Forty ounces of Crown Royal for 5 bucks! And a suite at a major hotel was $75.

Personally, I loved it up there. My folks lived on Alkai Point, and had a great view. Even the rain was ok. Gave my girlfriend and me a reason to fire up the ol' fireplace and stay indoors.

The economy sucked though 'cause Boeing had lost a major contract (SST) and laid off thousands. Should have bought a home then.

[...]

So, while everyone is boycotting Mobil/Exxon giving them excess unsold, the run on the others causes those a shortage, AND an excuse to raise their prices. Meanwhile, Mobile/Exxon can sell their excess to the others, still making money. When they come back on line the prices are still up.

Would it surprise anyone to learn that the oil companies do what the military does? That they have teams who design scenarios for various ficticious contingencies so that they are prepared to combat the enemy?????

And then enemy is US?

"The truth is out there....." X-Files

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

$1.589 here in Kansas City.

Reply to
Mark Jones

Park your car and ride the bus if you can't afford to buy gas.

Reply to
Mark Jones

If you're really worried about gas prices buy an economy car. Otherwise, quit whining and pay the man.

LJH

95GT (when you drive a 430 hp Mustang, whining about gas prices is NOT an option).

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall