Geico commercial 'Stang

Anybody see the Geico commercial with the beagle with his head out the window of an early red 'Stang? Cute dog, but you can tell I'm a 'stang freak. I'm more worried that those claws are gonna scratch the paint! AWWWWWW! :?)

Reply to
Scott Williams

LOL! I KNEW someone else had to have picked up on that. But the question is, what year?

Reply to
RayS

'65-'66. The bodyline the dog's standing on is too small to be any later.

Reply to
Scott Williams

OH MY GOSH! Me too! I saw it and said "There is NO FREAKING WAY" I't let that mutt scratch up My car like that!"

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I hate beagles........StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Reply to
cobra boy

You don't need a beagle to scratch up the paint like that. You just need a wife ;-)

Actually, girlfriend at the time [1988]. My lovely then-girlfriend Holly placed a large item across the back seat and didn't wait for me to help with the other, somewhat more pointing and dangerous end.

As she's fishing it in the passenger side and getting it in place, the out lip of this thing is going up and down the channel outside the rolled down back side window.

I still kept her ;-)

Let's see...

- her father, my father-in-law, gets his clubs out of my trunk at a family golf outing and stands the bag down outside the car. It tips back and, as if time went in super slow-mo, proceeded to carve a nice, huge semi circle backwards along the rear quarterpanel as it crashed down to the ground at our feet. Not important to a sixty-something guy who considered these cars run-of-the-mill in his day and age.

He's still my father-in-law.

- my brother, when I was still living at home, anxiously hauled the lawn mower out for the first time one spring and the tight squeeze in the garage forced the handle against the underside of the front bumper and along the passenger edge of the front valance.

I still consider him a brother.

They say, when you first get your Mustang painted, that you should scratch it yourself, somewhere inconspicuously, just so you know it has already been scratched when that dreadful, non-self-inflicted one occurs.

I hope to refinish and repaint my car sometime in the coming year. My wife won't be inserting long dangerous items into the back seat. I won't be taking my father-in-law golfing and I no longer live in fear of my brother and the lawnmower, though he's just a few blocks away!

Andrew Croft

'65 Caspian blue 6 cyl> Anybody see the Geico commercial with the beagle with his head out the

Reply to
Andrew Croft