MACH 1000...does it show song titles?

I was looking at the MACH 1000 today, and I saw that it displayed the radio station, but not the song title. Does the MACH 1000 do this?

The Billy

Reply to
The Billy

If the feature (RDS) is turned on and the station is broadcasting that signal also, then yes.

Reply to
Barrett

Satelite does that and "most" mp3 decks do when playing mp3's, but I do not know about the new mach 1000.

-- Mike McCune

__o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.

It is POINTLESS to protest and action which is already WELL under way. David Draiman - Disturbed 2003

Nominated for "Quote of the Year" is the statement made by (retired) Texas Congressman Dick Armey when asked, "If you had been in President Clinton's place would you have resigned?"

Armey's reply: "If I had been in the President's place, I would not have gotten the chance to resign. I would have been lying in a pool of my own blood, looking up and listening to my wife ask, 'How do you reload this son of a bitch'?"

"If I can bite the head off a live bat, then I can take a bite out of this f*ing state deficit."

- Ozzy Osbourne, gubernotorious candidate

Reply to
Mike

Mobile Ford Audio tech = Me

Yes, if it's a cd-6 of any of the ford radios up to '04 they will show the song on the radio station,.............not the one on cd.

It is by switching the RDS feature on, and selecting "show name"

This feature only works on stations that are broadcasting something,...............anything at all broadcast by the station will be shown on RDS.

However, there is a software glitch in the '02 model units ( some mustang, some not ) that makes the scrolling feature "freeze" when the clock changes time....................Ford has folks looking into a repair for this issue, but to date have not issued any known "fix"

I, as a factory authorized , I will go the extra mile at the dealers I service, by upgrading the radio, to the '03 model of the same type..............Mach 460 for a mach 460, or Mach 1000 for a mach

1000 etc...........

The biggest issue I have had with the scrolling info feature, is the fact that, when the station ends a song, it will leave the info the same or freeze the info itself,................this is a function of the radio station, not your hardware.............some lose the signal altogether at the end of a song, and while they talk it may go to station call letters, or just go blank, or freeze the last broadcast lettering.

The RDS system is designed to broadcast advertisements and warnings and such, while listening to the radio. It has yet to be used as such.

say your listening to your favorite Rock station, it could be advertising a coke commercial or something like that, or maybe even issue an amber alert or a weather alert......................This is not a complete description, but covers most of the functionality of the RDS system.

Hope this helps with understanding it all.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®