Gone!

I'll be gone until Sunday(maybe Saturday) so I just wanted to wish everyone a happy 4th of July! :) I'll be on the beach drinking beer in the sun(hopefully) so I will try to drink a beer for each and every one of you! Happy 4th! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I don't drink so how 'bout a Pepsi for me. Well, maybe just this once.

Have fun! Gary

Reply to
Gary

Happy 4th to you too...

Serge

Reply to
Serge

Have fun Erik! And drink a few for me!

-D> I'll be gone until Sunday(maybe Saturday) so I just wanted to wish

Reply to
Donna, aka Diamondz

When I saw that subject line, I thought your lightning was gone!

Reply to
RioRedGT

a shot of tequila would be nice ... but i gotta work so be careful and have a great 4th for me

Reply to
Indigo Apartments

Hey Erik... be sure you stay on the beach and not behind the wheel after all those beers... Have a great time!

Mom

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

And make sure there is some shade near by. I took a trip over to Yakima to pick up my bro from Job Corps and on the way back, put the top down. No clouds+cool wind+loud music=burnt shoulders (wearing a tank top)! OUCH!! Well, the pain is gone, it just itches and looks like it's starting the peeling process.

Reply to
Greg B.

Glad ya made it back.

/ecological hat on To bad the poor snake can't say the same! Don't you know that the Timber rattler's are getting scarce, and they eat more mice, rats and other nasties than your bud will ever catch in his traps? Snakes are NOT harmful to man...try not to be harmful to snakes! /ecological hat off

Seriously...I grew up in the mountains, and snakes were always helpful around the farm. I never have understood why people think they should kill them on sight, especially since it usually requires some effort on the humans part to do so. I always thought snakes were a LOT better than rats to have around!!!

Sorry, but this is one that's bothered me a lot of years...

Ken 01-Cobra

Reply to
Ken 01-Cobra

What part of Florida did you visit?

Reply to
Shane Metzler

Ken, I am right there with you. I love snakes, I have had many many many pet snakes and I always like to look for them in the woods. We found this one and we actually let him live, but when he slithered off, he went right under a pile of wood on the side of my friends camp(about

20 feet away). As much as I like snakes, its not worth the risk of having a 5 foot timber rattler living 20 feet away from where we sleep. Now if it would have been a king snake, rat snake, blue runner, or any other kind of non-poisonous snake I would have left it alone(well I might have caught it and played with it for a little while but I would have let it go right back where I caught it). My friend(owner of the camp we were at) used to kill any snake he saw until he met me. I showed him how to tell if they are poisonous and if they aren't and now he only kills the poisonous ones that are close to his camp. If we would have been a little further in the woods, the snake would still be alive. There are plenty enough rattle snakes out there anyway, we see them all the time during the summer. I know there isn't a shortage of timber rattlers out there, lol! Erik D. '94 white lightning
Reply to
Erik D.

That's cool you had the security guards convinced you were staying in the other condo...that kicks a**...Glad to see that you are going to go back even after a bad experience...Sometimes the most fun is inside instead of outside anyways...it just depends on the company :)

Reply to
Shane Metzler

Its pretty much a yearly thing, we go every year for the 4th. So I know how nice it can be with good weather. I went to pensacola about a month ago and it was beautiful. The company is always great, my friends cousins are always there and they are SMOKING HOT(but they are all young :() Nice to look at in a bikini though. When night falls we usually go down the strip with beads ;) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Cool...sorry I jumped to conclusions. I probably would have caught the bugger and took it out into the woods instead of killing it, but when it comes to having big rattlers around where you live, I can understand being a little cautious. ;-)

Glad you converted your bud! To many snakes have died at the hands of unthinking humans. Then they wonder where all the rats and mice come from... *sigh*

Ken 01-Cobra

Reply to
Ken 01-Cobra