Got Projectiles Inside Your Car?

I guess I shouldn't carry my ginsu knives back there anymore :)

Seriously though, I think the story is exaggerated, BUT it does make a good point. In an accident there's all kinds of crap in your car that gets tossed around. Take a look around and think of what you WOULDN'T like to be violently hurled at your face ! !

Reply to
Armon Tanzerian

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

While staying at a motel overlooking the interstate near Minneapolis early one Sunday morning in July 1965, in the pre seatbelt requirement days, we were sitting by the pool when an idiot missed the off ramp directly below us and stopped dead in the travel lane. The driver began backing up. On that clear morning with only one other car in sight, they collided. The second car cruising in the travel lane had no sense that the other car was backing up in his lane. A granny in the back seat of the number 2 car nearly made it all the way into the number 1 car. All but one of the people in the number 2 car were killed, and two of those in the number 1 car were killed.

Strange things happen at accident scenes. You do not want to be hit in the back of the head by a flying granny.

On this same Sunday morning, with the only two cars visible involved in an accident, the state patrol was taking forever to arrive. A call to the dispatcher revealed that one patrol was flying down the interstate when another patrol entered via an onramp.... and they collided.... Additional patrols had to be dispatched from further away.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:33:13 -0700, Spike wrote something wonderfully witty:

So they have to watch out for those flying Ben-wa balls huh?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Eeeeeeeeeewwwww!

FB