GT500 Will Add More Muscle

Ford isn't taking the challenge from the upcoming 2012 Chevrolet
Camaro ZL1 laying down.
Instead, the Blue Oval gang is upping the horsepower count on the next-
generation 2013 Shelby GT500 to over 600. In fact, the final number
will likely come in around 620.
The extra power will come from a boring of the engine, expanding it
from 5.4 liters to 5.8, and swapping the Eaton supercharger for the
same TVS unit found in the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and the ZL1 itself.
Despite the increase in power, the car will keep its solid rear axle.
Some things never change.
-------
Note 1 -- Makes you wonder at what point will the tally of horsepower
be enough? I mean the way we're going we'll soon see "factory"
offerings around 1,000 HP.
Note 2 -- I'm surprised they wouldn't just go with a supercharged or
turbocharged 5.0 Coyote in the Shelby.
Patrick
Reply to
NoOp