heater core question

Hi, all. Just found this newsgroup a couple weeks ago, and today my heater core went out...ack! (85 LTD LX; fox chassis w/HO 302). Anyway, the only way I know to get at it is to pull the console, pull the dash, etc. That's beyond my talent level. :-( Before I take it to the dealer for repair, I figured I'd ask if there was an easier way that I didn't know about.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Ah, one of my beloved former cars. I never did the core on my LTD LX but I did one on an '84 6 banger car ( Moms) Same dash. You will have to loosen the dash to drop the heater box. Which will mean the console will have to come out. If you car has air it will need to be discharged and recharged. You may want to replace the evaporator while you're in there just for sanities sake. StuK

ThunderSnake #11

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Thanks - I was afraid of that. It's off to the dealer - I like this car too much to risk messing with that sort of repair myself.

Steve

will need to

you're in there

Reply to