How to access shift shaft seal on C4 on '66 Fairlane?

Here are pics with the neutral switch and kickdown lever removed. What do I need to do from here to get to the seal?

All input appreciated.

Reply to
Doc

As far as I know: Drop the oil pan and the valve body, then you will see the other side of the lever/shaft system. You need to pull it out from inside the tranny case.

I didn't remember to get a new seal when I tried to rebuild my -66 C4, but I later noticed there's an o-ring size space between the case and the lever closest to the case.. So I put one there :)

Not sure if it works or not, haven't driven the $%(#$^#)%&#* since then

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Just a suggestion but a good repair manual (paper or CD) might be very beneficial. Mine give me step by step instructions for a lot of the stuff I mess with.

Reply to
Spike