How to access shift shaft seal on C4 on '66 Fairlane?

Here are pics with the neutral switch and kickdown lever removed. What do I need to do from here to get to the seal?

All input appreciated.

Reply to
Doc

As far as I know: Drop the oil pan and the valve body, then you will see the other side of the lever/shaft system. You need to pull it out from inside the tranny case.

I didn't remember to get a new seal when I tried to rebuild my -66 C4, but I later noticed there's an o-ring size space between the case and the lever closest to the case.. So I put one there :)

Not sure if it works or not, haven't driven the $%(#$^#)%&#* since then

Reply to
Jan Andersson

IIRC, you have to remove the pan. Once off, I think you will see a large nut that holds the internal lever for the park pawl. Once that is removed, the shaft can be pulled out. It may use an O'ring or a seal. I can't remember. It's been a long while since I had one of those down.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut