Where to start?

I have only recently gotten interested in working on cars since buying a house, since now I have someplace to do it. I own a '97 5 speed mustang with a v6. I'd like to maybe tweak it a little but dont have anyidea what to start with. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some easy things that could be done? Most magazines and web sites pretty much focus on the GT and Cobra, and well, thats not a viable option yet =).

Reply to
Mouse

The engines are very similar, except that the V-6 is missing two cylinders. Sounds stupid, I know. But the point is that whatever works on the V8, will also work (to a lesser extent) on the V6. So start with the basics - intake and exhaust, quality ignition components, fully functioning fuel system. Then start adding the standard mods that make the car more fun - gears, shifter, intake, exhaust, etc. Blowers are available, too. Contrary to popular belief, the V6 is not a terrible engine. It will never perform like a V8, but it will never suck fuel like a V8, either. Coupled with the 5 speed it can be a decent performer, and a fun and economical car to drive.

Reply to
.boB