Ignition static from speakers. '94 GT

Audio system just started to pick up ignition static. Is there something that suppresses static noise that I can easily change and if so, where is it located?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Richard

Factory system or aftermarket?

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Factory system. Mach 460 w/CD

Reply to
Richard

Check the grounds on the front amp, CD player, and head unit. Most likely you've lost one of these and you now have a ground loop. I think it's the one on the amp that's more likely to loosen up over time.

Good luck.

JS

Reply to
JS

Thanks I'll check these connections. The noise stopped on it's own but that probably indicates a bad ground as noted. Also, I was told that the noise could be from the alternator if it was under full load due to the battery being slightly discharged as it may have been as the car had been sitting unused for 2 weeks.

Reply to
Richard