Interesting Mustangs at the drags

They filmed Pinks here Saturday. Were two interesting Mustangs there. On was an 85 that ran 9.31 against me in time trials. This was a dead stock looking car right down to the 4 lug wheels. The other was a newer blown Cobra. Also running in the 9's. Power windows, AC and all. Both were silver, and both were sleepers:)

The 85 was on 9" slicks, the Cobra was on 10 inchers.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Al,

You'll have to tell us when this episode airs.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

I don't watch the show too often, but when I did, they disqualified a number of vehicles because the owners admitted that their car could run a sub-10 second quarter. Why could these vehicles be filmed and the ones that I saw were disqualified?

Reply to
Kruse

We ran 8.21! They ran a quick eight, for the eight fastest cars there. We got runner up. The group they took for the 16 spots was 12.50.

What they were complaining about was cars that were capable of running 9's running 10.50's. They wanted everyone to run all out.

Will air in March. If you get a chance to watch the Phoenix Pinks all out, our Camaro is the Ford powered one.

And we were runner up in the $10,000 bracket race Sunday.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Totally cool. I'll have the kid record it for me. I'll be cheering for your runner-up! ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Mayner