Look at this Aussie Ford

Doesn't it seem like a Taurus, a bit?

Rich

Looks like the falcon. It's a real car. The taurus is a piece of shit compared to the falcon. The falcon is RWD and comes with one of a number of inline 6 and V8 options with automatic or manual transmissions.

The pictured engine is the one I would like, a turbo inline 6. This DOHC inline 6 is decended from the old US 'falcon' 6 of the 6s. More exactly, ford of austraila started to develop the 250 in the 1970s eventually the result after many years of divergence was an engine that doesn't share much of anything except maybe a bolt with the US verison. While ford in the USA didn't do a damn thing with the wonderful base engine that their inline 6 was, they did down under.

Reply to
Brent P

Looks like a Honda....

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

How cool would that be.. to replace the Mustang 200 Sprint engine with that one!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Just as bland as the monaro. That one is not selling here either (GTO)

Reply to
RT

I would love to put one in my maverick in place of the 250... but a easier solution is supposedly on the way. A company is going to make a proper high performance cylinder head for the 200/250.

Reply to
Brent P

But how long have we heard that?

The 7 main block is a great engine, but languished way too long due to the silly head/manifold design

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Looks like a cross between a Taurus and a Contour.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

"RT" wrote

I actually prefer the Monaro to the GTO.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Sure they did! Ford lopped 2 cylinders off and put it into the Tempo, Topaz, & Taurus!

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Uh,the GTO IS a monaro....

Reply to
RT

This is the first I've ever heard of anyone trying and I've been interested in these engines for about 20 years now.

Basically they are making a bolt on head for the US 6 cylinder engines that encorporates a number of Aussie design features.

Reply to
Brent P

"RT" wrote

Uh, no it's not.

And a '67 Cougar is a '67 Mustang? And a Taurus is a Sable?

If you were to pay attention, then you would notice that the Monaro is cosmetically different than the GTO. Oh, and Mr. "noyabusiness", I know mine.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

That's freakin' GREAT!

Should I have said, "Wishes, Rumors and rumors of Rumors"?

REad the whole thing folks...

Of course that fuel delivery setup aint exactly what I'd call 'streetable/ daily driver' but it shouldnt take a whole lot to come up with a lower intake adapted to an existing single throttle body design.

ANd I couldnt see how they were going to deliver the goal of 'use existing headers' unless they went back to the original Hedman design.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Of course it is.

Correct on all counts. A Dodge Stealth is also a Mitsubishi 3000GT.

A bit, yes. The steering wheel is on the wrong side too, but it's still the same car.

K.

Reply to
WindsorFox

"WindsorFox" wrote

Yes, yes, and a Dodge Avenger is a stretched Mitsubishi Galant with the engine and interior of an Eclipse.

Try walking up to the proud owner of a '67 Cougar XR-7 and saying "nice mustang."

Although they may share platforms and many parts, they are different enough to be different cars. By yours and RT's logic we should then call the new Mustang a Jaguar?

The whole front end is different, and much better looking IMHO, which was the whole point of my OP.

K.

Maybe semantics, but they sometimes make ALL the difference.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

I dunno, never did a tripple carb set up. But since they are making it match up with the rare OZ-250-2V heads, there already exists the single carb set from that engine. It appears the 3 carb set up will be an option. From reading it again, the base option for the 'kit' will be an intake for a 4V carb.

Why not? It's simply a matter of retaining the stock bolt pattern for the exhaust manifold and of course the exit passages lined up in the right place. The openings should be more than big enough already. They state that they kept the stock port patterns for that purpose.

Reply to
Brent P

I wouldnt put a carb on a pig.. let alone a 'high tech' engine.

Whats wrong with port FI?

Maybe My memeory's failing me... one big port in the head for 3 & 4 as I recall.

And, i missed that.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Nothing, and some modified ford 6s have it. But it's all home grown stuff. There are other factors like cost and effort. An FI intake may occur later and if you look closely at the pictures of their SEMA engine you'll note that an FI option is there.

Headers for ford small blocks sixes come with what is called a port divider. It's a separate piece that one is to weld or epoxy into the head between 3 and 4. This head simply won't require that piece. It's a simple addition of material to the casting and won't interfere with existing headers.

Reply to
Brent P