Mustang Sales, Specialty Models

We are not talking about how different the cars of the 60's and 70's cars are from those of today. That is self evident. We are saying GM can't just slap a old well liked name badge on a car that has ZERO styling ques of that car and expect the fans of that name plate to jump on board with it. This was proven, by the lack luster sales and short 2 year run...

Just saw a Marauder today, this car did not fail for the same reason the newest GTO did. Some of the reasons the Marauder failed are because Ford keeps trying to build sports sedans, but can't seem to understand who their market is for sports sedans. The SHO died because of this. Ford decided they would appeal to a larger market, softened the tires and suspension, toss in a slush-box-only and hum, no more sports sedan. The Marauder needed about 100 more horsepower then it came with and they absolutely needed a manual transmission. If Ford would have aimed it at true driving enthusiast rather than the "RICE" crowd I would have bought one, well if they would have been less anemic and had a manual transmission....

Ford seems to have figured out what I want with the Shelby GT500, but now they won't build enough to go around.... Now how nice would the Marauder be with the GT500's 500 horsepower engine and 6 speed gearbox? I would buy one...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Yes it was. Funny AMC built the first CROSSOVER vehicle in 1980... LOL

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Like the '74 GTO or the 80s 422, or the current malibu or impala....

Nah... when ford changes around the trim on a boring sedan and slaps a classic badge on it without any of the classic styling cues.... it's different...

Sure it's not because it lacked any Marauder styling cues?

That's what happens when you base it on a existing car like that.... but wait... when GM did that it was a horrible abortion of a car... with ford it was just misguided and dumb.

Gee... who saw that coming?

In a crown victoria / gran marquis body without any Marauder styling cues?

Reply to
Brent P

Or 3 2bbl which they called Tri-power. A pity they dropped that option in '67. While it didn't make a whole lot of difference power-wise, it sure looked impressive.

Reply to
Thomas Hart

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 18:15:01 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brent P) puked:

Had they continued making them for 30 odd years, who's to say they wouldn't have evolved into the Monero?

lab~rat >:-)

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 22:16:23 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brent P) puked:

They sell the hell out of Hemi 300s and Chargers...

lab~rat >:-)

I tried to find a Tri-Power setup but couldn't get a complete. They do look cool but, you're right, they didn't add much power.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

The same way the Mercury ZEPHYR became a Lincoln :)

Reply to
news.cox-internet.com

You mean how returned to being a lincoln.

Reply to
Brent P

Yep, get over it, Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler makes absolutely no difference to most people...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Get over what? Most people won't care if it's called 'cuda' either.

Reply to
Brent P

HE HE I could be "mean" here and say I don't remember that long ago.... But I won't ROFLMAO You're so right, though LOL

Reply to
news.cox-internet.com