Mustang theft?

Anyone know if the Mustang is high up on the theft frequency list?

The new Mustangs have the chip in the key so that should be enought o dissuagde the casual car theif....The factory alarm is 325 bucks and it is not even the kind that "lojacks"...is it worth it?

Norm

$325 ???? Sounds like the dealer is trying to rip you off. When I checked into it on my 99 the addition of a "factory alarm" consisted of the dealer taking a $50 (his cost) box and plugging it into an existing wiring harness in the trunk behind the trim panel.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

The factory alarm is a 295.00 option, according to my window sticker.

Reply to
chris

On the '07 Mustang, the factory alarm lists for $325 and (according to KBB) invoices for $283. Read the description of the added capabilities and decide for yourself if those goodies (e.g., remote notification) are useful for you and for where you will park.

Reply to
Bob Willard

I can comment only on New York state, but there have been less than 10 thefts of the 2005-2007 model year in the past 18 months according to New York State Police records.

Reply to
David Maucher