My '83 Mustang GLX cooling system...

is nearly complete:

I have had the radiator serviced and unplugged, and flushed out the block, replaced the water pump, the thermostat, and put in a new electric radiator fan; I have changed both upper and lower hoses to the radiator, and added Prestone 50/50 with water. Now it drives extra cool on surface streets, but when I go up an incline on the freeway for one mile it over-heats and fills the resevoir with runoff coolant. Am I facing a problem with the block? Does block sealer additive help or harm the problem?...

I know the last resort is to have the heads redone. With coolant coming out into the resevoir it makes me think it isn't leaking. There is no steam in the exhaust, and the oil has no water in it. There is no sign of any leaking or steaming anywhere under the hood. I have screwed down all the clamps very well.

Ideas?

voice from the past

Reply to
voice from the past

Michael Johnson, PE

what temp. thermostat do you have ? I have heard many stories of a "too cool" one, 160 they always stay open and not cooling coolant. dave

Reply to
Dave

The guage is down to the left and climbs almost all the way to the right up a freeway hill; the coolant overflows the resevoir, and I have to put in a fair amount of water---more than it would seem had overflowed the resevoir.

I will check the coolant for bubbles and smell.

There are many varieties of block sealer. Some sound pretty impressive. Check these out and tell me what you think. Remember: Everything is cleaned out fine in the system. Seems like a little gunk wouldn't plug anything up...

or,

for instance.

voice from the past

Reply to
voice from the past

Your'e a moron, and a danger to yourself, and others..

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

thanks.

voice from the past