My Vauxhall Astra Cooling system fault

I have a fault with the cooling system on my astra R reg at first the temperature transmitter stopped transmitting to the dash changed that i now have a reading on the dash but the temperature goes all the way to the top and the cooling fan doesnt kick in i have changed thecoolant temperature sensor on the thermostat which i have been told will starts the fan. the fan was working before i changed the temp transmitter could it ber the sender for the transmitter playing up? does the transmitter need calibrating? or is the problem with the fan unrelated i am worried about leaving the car running for to long once the temp gauge is on max due to over damage it could cause

Reply to
colohara

You might want to use a couple of these . and ,

Reply to
Strangely Brown

a couple of what? and what? :)

Reply to
bongo

Is the car heater working properly? If not it could be your water pump. Does the radiator get hot? If not could be the water pump or the thermostat. So if the heater works but the radiator doesn't it could be the thermostat and if neither get hot it could be the water pump. Of course it could just be an air lock.

Fan switches are normally on the radiator, don't know why a sensor would be on the thermostat housing but then I don't know which engine you have and I've probably never seen it anyway. Temperature sensors do not need calibrating and I would be worried about running a car that gets too hot.

Reply to
rp

I can't even be bothered to read this illiterate crap. Try using sentences, full stops and capital letters.

Reply to
malc