NEW INTAKE FROM EDELBROCK?

It must be for those engines that always give trouble! LMAO!

winze

John Wiebalk

Every once in a while I'll do a search for "eldebrock" to see how many people still haven't gotten it right.

Steve

A Guy Named Steve

I've heard several versions of the word "Weiand" also, LOL

Reply to
winze

Sounds like something I would have said, and I'm OLD.

dwight (looking for a fairly NEW Fox 5.0 convertible - say, '90 to '93)

dwight

winze opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

So ?/\

Look at how many cant spell convertible! {convertable}

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Or Camero or bumber...

Then there's the non-automotive word supposably

At least the Edelbrock intakes usually will have it spelled out for them right on the manifold.

Steve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

I've always referred to cars from the '80s (such as FOX body Mustangs) as late model.

Cory Dunkle

It's strange, I got my 72 GS350 back in 1995 when it was only 13 years old.

Going backwards, that makes a 1990 Mustang equally as "old". Even at that time I thought of it as an older car. I guess I don't see the 1990's as equally as old as I did my Buick back then.

Steve

A Guy Named Steve

Well, I would have thought it to be 23 years old myself.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

...that's because I misspelled 1985 :)

Steve ...numerically challenged

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

ROFL the mind boggles...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

::::goes out to buy calculator for the Assrhino and Clairol "Just for Men" hair color for self:::::

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Even when part of their slogan is, "Just say Why-And"

Steev

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

My calculation was correct had I not misstyped the year though. I think the Assrhino desires a keypad for his laptop.

...I was told the grey makes you look more distinguished... I'm keeping mine. :)

Steve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

There's always a few "holly" carburetors for sale also.

Reply to
winze

Ah! A '72 didn't seem so old back then. Of course, that was 18 years ago. Pardon me while go shake up a triple martini and wonder where my youth went...

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

My dear wife once told me that she found salt-and-pepper hair very arousing. At the time, I had no salt in my pepper but time has rolled on...

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

I wonder if there are any 'holy' carburetors out there? *chuckle*

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

"Cory Dunkle" wrote

That's how all the hot rod magazines see it, too. I think the dividing line is between the '70's and early '80's, when the old rear drive carbureted pushrod v8 cars which ruled the road from the early '50's to the early '80's gave way to the front drivers, and fuel injection was used on the few rear drive pushrod V8's which remained.

Also, the three-year model changeover typical of the '50's, '60's, and '70's made cars seem to age alot faster than cars from the '80's, when big makeovers became alot less frequent. Like the Mustang: Gen 1, '65-'66; Gen 2, '67-'68; Gen 3, '69-'70; Gen 4, '71-73, and Gen 5, '74-76. Then Gen 6, the Fox bodies, lasted from '79 to '93, and Gen

7, starting with the '94's, is still in production. So a '73 Mach 1 seems really old, but an '82 GT is very similar to the current product and to my mind is still a "late model," even though it's 22 model years old now. 180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out