New Tires

Buy the tire from tire rack, and then take it to WW. They'll mount other tires...for 9.76 a tire you get a mount, balance, lifetime rotate and balance, and road hazard protection...not bad, eh? ;-)

- Nick

Reply to
Nick D.

Sounds like they're a lot different from what I had. I'll probably need new tires on the Dak before the LX. I hate to think what

255/55x17s will run me...

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Reply to
Joe

One other note.... on the Z rated tires, they are a much softer compound, the Nittos were only good for about 20,000 miles.. and I RARELY burn my tires.

I expect the Kuhmos will be about the same for wear.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

It may be that you would have to contact tirerack, they don't even list the sizes in the Kuhmos that I have.

You might holler at Tim (Musttanguy)

or you may try Chris at Hardline snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com He can send you a phone number, I evidently put it in a safe place.

Kate

| > Joe | > Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies | > Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC | >

| > snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in | > news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com: | >

| > > Joe, | > >

| > > I had a set of Firehawks on my old LX back in the early 90's. I | > > hated them too. Then with the recent press about the Firestone | > > tires being the possible cause for the Explorer rollovers, the | > > Firehawks were not even on new-tire shopping list. But when I got | > > serious about buying new tires to replace my aging Goodyear GSCs | > > (horrible tires, BTW), I checked out the Tire Rack's review guide | > > and found the new Firehawks rated as one of the best performance | > > tires available. Needless to say I was shocked! So I took a chance | > > and gave the Firehawks a second chance. All I can say is the | > > ratings are correct... the new Firehawks are awesome tires!! (I'm | > > even tempted to sell my drag radials because these things have so | > > much stick.) So far they are, without a doubt, the best tires I | > > have ever owned. | > >

| > > If you're in the market for new tires, check out the Firehawks. | > >

| > > Patrick | > > '93 Cobra (Firehawk equipped) | > >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

I agree. I had Firehawks on my 96 GT and they were the best tires I've ever had. On the other hand, EVERY SET of Goodyear tires I've had were trouble. I had a Celica with Goodyear tires and all four tires had "bubbles" in them, making the car shake at speed. On my 99 GT with the stock Gatorbacks, one tire had a defect causing it to make a "whirring" noise above 30 Mph. On my 03 Cobra with the stock Eagle F1's, one tire also has a "whirring" noise above 20 Mph, plus they're noisy overall. It's a shame because the F1's handle good and have excellent wet traction. I think Goodyear just has some major quality control problems.

Jim

03 Cobra
Reply to
nytebyte

Actually, I've been wanting to try Nittos. I'm sure they come in

255/55x17.

"SVTKate" wrote in news:OYDOa.102$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Joe

Thanks, Nick

I will keep that in mind the next time I need to replace tires and I am away from home.. unfortunately, the Wally World here in town isn't a Super Center so there is no tire changing service for us. We have to use locals or go out of town.

Right now I have a local (30 miles away) looking into getting a set for the car, as I still need to change one front.. and will need to have both backs replaced within a month or 2.

Maybe I will see if he can get the rubber, then head over to Oklahoma and have them do the change out at WW and grab a decent bite to eat while there.

JC :)

Reply to
Jake Nichols