NEWSFLASH! No SVT Products in 2005!!

If Shelby does a car, it'll be way too expensive and unattainable even if you could afford it. He's just a nameplate at this point anyway.

2 cents.

"Nicodemus Telrenner" wrote in news:3fc2e1e6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zianet.com:

meantime.

Special

Mercury

Mustang!!

Reply to
Joe

my thoughts exactly. I sat in the STI and it felt very cheaply. I am sure they drive like the best (they won't let you test-drive it unless you put a deposit down and sign papers to buy it. I asked what good is a testdrive if you buy it. The guy told me I could still back out after signing.ohwell, no testdrive, no sale) but the inside felt plain old cheap. The rear door feels very weak/tinny. The rubber door seals on rear doors look like they'll come off in 6 months. Overall it felt very cheap. If I compare that 30K car to something like an infinity G35 coupe I would go that way for sure. Might not be as hot and heavy as the sti (but close) but you get a lot more car for the $$$. Oh, and the wing... UUUUUUGLY

Rein

Rein

Reply to
Nicodemus Telrenner

Probably not. Shelby's in it for the money and Ford's in it for the publicity. Shelby is a "has been" who is whoring his name to anyone willing to buy it with deep enough pockets. Anybody willing to take an average $10,000 dollar '67-'68 Fastback and put another $10,000 of paint and bodykit with maybe another $10,000 in engine/drivetrain and suspension and then try to sell it to you for over $150,000 as a REAL Shelby GT500"E", just because Shelby endorses it, is a cheat, a fraud, and a thief. A $30 grand car that Sanderson is trying to sell for 5 times that?? And you know Shelby is getting a NICE cut of the action. Woe be to the moron who actually buys one of these cars. And now he's doing it again with '65-'66 Fastbacks, redoing them and calling them GT350SR's. Selling them for 75 grand?? What a con game.

He's not designing ANYTHING. He's just taking the credit for them using his name. The next Ford produced Shelby will be only Shelby in name.

Scott W. '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

"Scott Williams" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Took the words right out of my mouth, Scott. ;)

Joe

Really no different than the '69-'70 shelby mustangs when one thinks about it.

Reply to
Brent P

Good point, Brent! And we're yet to see what Shelby's role will be in this new Shelby Mustang.

Patrick '93 Mustang '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I thought he was really out of the game by '68, when the beancounters got into the act. They were trying to do that in'67 AFAIK.

Scott W. '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams