Noise came from steering.

Hi. My name is Alex. I have a 94 GT. I have a problem with my steering. During turn the A/C on, first several minutes fine but after 10 minutes later, whenever I turn over the steering, I can hear some noise from the bottom, sound like some metal rub into the other metal parts. Only that sounds come from when I turn the A/C on. Is this a transmission problem? or A/C problem?....

Reply to
Alex Park

Hi Alex, After you turn the AC on, and it begins to make this noise, have someone sit in the car and turn the AC off and on. If the noise stops and starts, that should help narrow it down to the AC. If it happens when you rev the car, listen to it..

It might be the clutch in your AC unit, they make a noise like that, or even a worn belt can cause a high pitched screeching noise, and that's a whole lot cheaper than the AC clutch.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate