odometer readings on brand new cars???

I believe Edmunds says you should negotiate a dealer down for every so many miles over 250, so you can consider 250 miles "acceptable" on a brand new car.

Reply to
Ken and Amy Andrews

Change the oil after 500 miles, and then drive it like you stole it and it'll run forever!

Reply to
Katmandu

I am serious. I could not believe the interior of the GT looked like my 1988 tempo I was trying to get rid of at that time. The mirror fobs were like toothpicks, the buttons from the 1970's. the gap between panels varied by 1/8 inch. Looked like some monkeys put it together. The focus that came out a year earlier has a much better finish, better materials. I expected the mustang to have the same. I know it would have bugged me every time I sat in the car. So i decided to wait hoping they would improve the interior. In hindsight, it was the correct decision. I will probably get the

2006 Cobra instead. Worth the wait IMO. I fell in love with it in Detroit last winter. My wife will inherit my ZX3. It will be 4 yr old by then. Zed
Reply to
Zed

/rant/

what is people's hangup on a measly 100 miles? I expect a car to have a small amount (under 200) miles when i buy a car. Why? I expect that at least a few people have taken it out to see if it was for them. IF it isnt, well it goes back to the lot. A program car is only so good. Often i want to test drive the actual car i am interested in.

I have hear a guy gripe at the Local Blue Oval ealership (overhear) that there were 50 miles on the ODO.

Why?

/rant/

Reply to
Bear Trucker Lvr

my 2 cents if it hasn't been mentioned as yet.

You get what you pay for if you buy something off the lot. Otherwise order one and then rant if the OD is way out of line.

Reply to
Jafo