Warranty on vert top

Does anyone know what the warranty is on a vert top from the factory (03 GT).

Not the motor, but the top itself.

Thanks

Reply to
MPBSR25

Hi Bill,

It looks like the start of a very small tear on the top were it creases when it down.

Actually a very small area were the vinyl looks like it being pushed away and some white is starting to show. Only a matter of time before a full tear.

The car is an 03 but will be 1 year old on 9/21, but I'm already at 22,000 miles as it's my daily driver.

Guess I should bring it in to Ford before the 1 year is up?

Reply to
MPBSR25

Reply to
Bill S.

Thanks Bill,

I'll get over to Ford tomorrow. BTW..did you ever sell the Cobra?

Reply to
MPBSR25

Not yet:

Bill S.

MPBSR25 wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Same as the rest of the car.. the 3/36 is bumper to bumper. You will have to be tough on a top repair/replacement though, they don't like to do them, BUT you can do it... I did. Same goes for upholstery, everything. If something looks a little flakey (my steering wheel was sticky from the previous owner, it was weird) ask them to replace it. NOT repair, replace. They will try to feed you a line of BS about Ford's way of doing things but what it boils down to is that they shops only get so much for an upholstery allowance per year, then it starts to hurt.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
SVTKate