Off Topic: Lightning Engine Question

A friend of mine is looking to pick up a late model Lightning 5.4 powerplant assembly complete to swap into his Expedition. So far, he has found a 2001 piece with a grenaded lower end. So, the question is, what is different in the lower end from the factory between the standard 5.4 and the squeeze box version?

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Try putting a post over at

in the gen 2 forum. I am sure someone can help you there. I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't know too much about the Gen 2 motors. Good luck, that'll be neat in an expedition! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Does that forum require registration?

Reply to
CobraJet

Yeah it does, if you want I can copy and paste it for you and give you the link. Just give me the word and i'll do it. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I'd appreciate it. I hate registering for one post, especially if it's something I'm not likely to be in again. Thanks!

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Here ya go:

Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Kool, thanks. I'll keep an eye on it.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

"Squeeze" was used as a synonym for "supercharged" long before nitrous came along. A squeeze box would be a supercharged motor. I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I think there's more to it than compression. Forged parts? Better block?

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I'm gonna go ahead and paste that for you as well so there is no confusion. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I sent this link to my friend, and also pointed him to the Arizona Lightning Club's forum. Thanks for your help, Erik.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Not a problem :) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.