OT: Cadillac

I love the current crop of Cadillacs. And this prototype, IMO, shows Cadillac isn't about to lose their grove.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

What prototype would that be??

Reply to
WindsorFo

Okay, now that I have your attention.

Be sure to check out the full gallery. (I think Harley Earl would definitely approve.)

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

Respectfully disagree here. And I like what Cadillac's been doing, too.

The front looks too much like the old Batmobile. The tonneau cover loses me, as does the upsweep down along the lower door sills. The hard corners front and back, while they certainly have that Cadillac look, appear dated (like

1950s dated, back when we had tailfins).

Of course, none of that matters, since I am not now, will not be, nor have ever been in the market for a Cadillac.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Okay, to some degree. But you must admit it's eye-catching. And certainly new/different than anything else out there. To me it has some early late 60s/70s Eldorado looks.

See, I like both. Both features, IMO, add a nice, clean-flowing look. It is unmistakeable Cadillac. And the type of styling Lincoln needs to commit to so they can get away from their current Acura/BMW- wannabee look. I say play that Americana look to the hilt (see Challenger, Vette, Viper, Mustang and Camaro.)

But to me the tail fins and tall narrow tail lamps are part of the Cadillac DNA, and are things the other marques can't claim. So why not use them? Much like Mustang is now using its DNA features.

I don't know... as I near old-fart status I think I could warmup to the idea of a V-series/500+ HP Caddy parked next to my Mustang. :-)

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

That was my exact thought, especially when I saw the rear with the lights on. I had a 1968 Eldorado that was my grandfather's. Wish I could have kept that car.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Yep, 1968 is the model year I was thinking of.

Google "1968 Eldorado". Check out the black 2-door. That front end had to have been inspiration for Caddie's latest teaser.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

It definitely inspired my right foot back in high school :oP

Reply to
WindsorFo