OT:College Dorm Loft Plan

Hi all, Anyone have plans for building a loft that I could get from them? My daughter is starting college this fall and I would like to build one for her.

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris Oestreich

Claud Spinks

Is "loft" a cool way of saying BUNKBED ?

just curious !

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

Around 7/30/2003 4:40 PM, Chief Wiggum spake thusly:

It's basically a bunk bed without the lower bed, so you can put a desk or whatever under the bed. I had a loft in my dorm in college (provided by the school), and it was a nice place to stick my couch.

I like the Ikea one here:

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I had the ugliest sofa in history under my loft. It was black and burgandy with a large, shiny gold paisley pattern. Matching lamps too. But we were the only room with cable TV. UGA, Russell Hall, rm. 950 circa 1982. Claud

Reply to
Claud Spinks

Now that you mention it, I may have stolen it!

.

Each dorm came with its own still at Georgia:) Claud

Reply to
Claud Spinks

It was so fugly to keep the students from stealing it.

1982? I was at USC working on my 1st degree - Biology with the minor in alcohol consuption....

A little info - I was the ONLY student ever evicted from the dorms of USC for having a functional liquor still.

yes, my liver still works, but for how long I don't know.

And Bill S., to keep this on topic, I drove a '69 mustang coupe with a 200-6 during my college daze...

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Hey thanks for the info. I was thinking 4x4's might be overkill but then her boyfriend came over to the house........well you know 180 lbs - 6'-2" tall. So yea, 4x4's of course.

Oh, and I used to own an '88 Mustang LX coupe 5.0 back in '90 till about '96 when a little 85 year old lady ran a stop sign. I was doing about 50 in a

45 and pretty much totaled my baby. I temporally own a mini-van, yuck. Chris
Reply to
Chris Oestreich

(SNIP>

Then don't you want to use1X2's.?

Strong enough to hold your daughter's weight..but if that no-good $^%$ boyfreind of hers tries to get in her bed while sh'es in in it.....KABOOM! Snapo!

LOL..All kidding aside, that loft idea is brilliant..I dont know why I didnt think of it while I was in school!

Matt

89 5.0 GT Vert 94 Ranger XL 02 Yamahaha V-Star
Reply to
Matt
*clearing her throat and peering over her glasses at Chris*

EHM! You're going to allow this 'boyfriend' to stay in the loft with your daughter? What the kind of dad are you anyway? Where's your shotgun?

Yea yea yea... she's all grown up.. in college.. nothing you can do.. yadda yadda yadda...

ok... grandpa.

*wink*

Kate

| > Chris Oestreich wrote: | > > Hi all, | > > Anyone have plans for building a loft that I could get from them? | > > My daughter is starting college this fall and I would like to build | > > one for her. | > >

| > > Thanks, | > > Chris | > >

| | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
Chris Oestreich

You'd better duck kid! LOL!!

Kate

| > EHM! | > You're going to allow this 'boyfriend' to stay in the loft with your | > daughter? | > What the kind of dad are you anyway? Where's your shotgun? | >

| > Yea yea yea... she's all grown up.. in college.. nothing you can do.. | yadda | > yadda yadda... | >

| > ok... grandpa. | >

| > *wink* | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

I can't imagine being a grammy at 46, but will be in about two weeks!

Kate

| > EHM! | > You're going to allow this 'boyfriend' to stay in the loft with your | > daughter? | > What the kind of dad are you anyway? Where's your shotgun? | >

| > Yea yea yea... she's all grown up.. in college.. nothing you can do.. | yadda | > yadda yadda... | >

| > ok... grandpa. | >

| > *wink* | >

| > Kate | >

| |