OT: Computer keyboards

Reaalllyy off-topic... but i thought i'd ask anyway. As many of you know, I'm a web-developer (latest work:

and my keyboardis really starting to hurt my wrists.. anybody know of a good keyboard thathas soft keys (not much required to push keys down) and maybe has a goodwrist pad? Also, must be ergonomic. Just if anybody happens to know of one..lemme know. Thanks.

-Mike

98 Mustang GT
Reply to
<memset

I was having wrist pain so I switched to a Microsoft Natural keyboard. This is the split style of keyboard. I no longer have pain in my wrists and I no longer have to use a separate wrist pad.

I thought it would be hard to get used to this type of keyboard, but after 30 minutes I was using it without even thinking about it. It surprised me that after such a short time, I forgot that the keyboard was split.

Reply to
Mark Jones

Ergonomic = split keyboard. i have one too... but the "pad" (made of plastic, what a joke) is killing me. I'll shop around locally & keep an eye out for a MS Natural keyboard though. Thanks.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I have a friend that was going to need surgery for carpal tunnel and resolved it with a DataHand keyboard (

). thecaveat is it is extremely cost prohibitive and you have to be a touchtypist.

Reply to
91 Red GT

Whoah... that's awesome. Thanks a ton dude... that just became a business expense & will be covered by the company =D

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

The best thing for this problem is piano lessons.

Seriously, it's the wrist position that's killing you. Pianists are taught from the first lesson to keep the forearm level with the back of the hand. Bending the wrist while typing is lazy and, in the long run, painful.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Mike I use the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Pro I have the Multimedia Natural. It comes with the matching mouse.

Not only does it match my Dell, it is the ultimate in comfort.

Often times, your mouse can be the culprit in the wrist problem, maybe try something low profile.

Good Luck!

Reply to
SVTKate

My wrist pad is great.... old pad (WRIST PAD...) gave me crazy wrist pains all the time.. I'll check out that link though. Thanks kate =)

-Mike

<memset