OT: WOOHOOO!!!! (long)

On Sunday the 28th, I attended the 1st ever bash in da bayou at No Problem Raceway. I treated it like any other day at the track, planned on doing a few time trials, then probably loosing in the first round of bracket racing, like usual. Well, during time trials I noticed that my runs were extremely consistent. One of my friends even told me I was gonna win the truck class, I blew it off. Well, bracket racing starts. I win the first two rounds. Thats as far as I had ever made it so I didn't expect to advance any farther. In the staging lanes I was surrounded by pro's(well, people that race all the time anyway.) Most of the guys were really nice and congratulating me for making it as far as I did. Anyway, I made a couple more runs and kept winning. Then I noticed there were only 8 trucks left, sweet. At this time I started to get serious, concentrating on r/t's and not redlighting. I won again, now there are 4 trucks left. Sweet, I thought, I get a trophy. Well next time I line up against a dodge ram with a hemi. I had 14.91 dialed in and he had 14.58 dialed in. As we are racing I see him catching me fast, dammit, he passed me at the line, oh well it was fun. I go to the station to pick up my slip, whaddya know, he broke out with a 14.52 compared to my 14.93!!! I made it to the finals! No way I can win the last round, I mean, this guy does this all the time! Well, I kept my dial in at 14.91 and what do you think I ran? I ran a 14.910!!! Yep, I ran a dead dial on the 0!! He ended up breaking out so it wouldn't have mattered anyway, but I could not believe I ran a dead dial! Anyway, I got a big old trophy and everything, it was one of the best times I have ever had. To top that off, I advanced to the all-ford finals and ended up breaking out with a 14.85(my best time ever), so I ended the day with my best time ever. Here's the website with my name as truck chamion :)

Hehe, i'll never get tired of that website. Anyway, sorry for the long write, I just had to brag a little! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I won the truck class(bracket racing) last weekend at the first ever bash in da bayou at no problem raceway. I also ran my best time ever in my truck at 14.85@89.98. It was a great day and I got a big ole trophy :) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Let me be the first to say Congradulations! Looks like your new dial should be 14.85!

Reply to
WraithCobra

You and Buzz will be swapping war stories in not time at all Erik!

Congrats friend, keep it up.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Congrats!

Reply to
Shane Metzler

Sweet! Your experience makes me want to try it out even more. I've been wanting to try a little bracket racing but I was intimidated for the same reasons as you...

The Amalie Oil Nationals this last weekend were a blast, that was an extra push/incentive for giving it a try.

Don't think I'll hit 311 mph w/ 4.58 E.T. anytime soon though... ;-)

bill Car: '64.5 Mustang: 260 V8, 3 sp, factory a/c, SVO cam, Performer intake, Holley 390 cfm carb, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq Thrust D's

Guns: Colt AR15, Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill

So you got to see the jet dragster's run eh?

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Man, you definitely need to try it. It is a blast, I have never even come close to winning until last time, but, every time i've done it I had a great time. Winning just adds extra icing to the cake, it makes me want to do it even more, lol!

LOL, You could probably run close to that if you drive off of a cliff ;) I wouldn't try it if I were you though, lol. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Ok I'm going to have to talk to James about that, it MUST have been rigged! :-P

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

LOL!! You're just jealous!! ;) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

"Erik D." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net:

Congrats, Erik! Feels good, doesn't it? ;)

Joe

Feels GREAT!!! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Thanks!! I wonder where that buzz guy has been hiding, lol! Eventually I would like to get alot more serious in this racing thing, I need to get more trophies to put on my wall, lol! I just need to hurry up and finish school and get a decent job so I can afford it!!

Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Thanks alot!! I think the reason I ran better on the 14.85 run is because the sun started to go down and it was getting a little cooler outside. Also, right before my run a 9 second '67 mustang fastback decided to do a couple flips at over 100 mph at around the 1/8 mile mark. That took about an hour for them to clean up and it also let everything cool down. The guy I ran also broke out but he ran a 13.63 on a 13.64 dial compared to my 14.85 on a 14.91 dial. It was scary to see that mustang flip over right in front of me, that was the first time I had ever seen anything like that. Luckily, the driver had all of the proper safety equipment and walked away unharmed, just really pissed off! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Thanks! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

You need a little weather station so you can keep track of the conditions and times you run. Next time you'll be more prepared and win a bigger trophy!

Reply to
WraithCobra

Excellent runs Erik. Bracket racing is a lot of fun when you can peg your dial-in round after round. You should think about running a few more $$ bracket events in the New Orleans area. ...pay for a few new mods :)

-- Buzz Haze-Ottawa ON

87 5.0 LX Coupe
Buzz Haze

Hell, the jet dragster was slower! That 3.11 was a Top Fuel dragster, track record is 318. The jet was installed in/on an 18 wheeler, that may have had something to do with the slower speed... ;-) IIRC the 18 wheeler ran 225 mph, sure like watching 'em!

bill Car: '64.5 Mustang: 260 V8, 3 sp, factory a/c, SVO cam, Performer intake, Holley 390 cfm carb, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq Thrust D's

Guns: Colt AR15, Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill

Incidentally James' web page is here>

I'm sure you've seen him at the track, and he should know me from AOL as WindsorFox. Real good guy, trying to get me to put nitrous on the Nissan :-p

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

C'mon Buzz, aren't you going to tell Erik he's got a nice "package"!? :)

Man I need to get back out on the track with a consistent car!

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve