PING Joe

I'm interesting in learning how to play a guitar & I was looking at that to start up. Whatcha think for a complete beginner? My friend recommended it.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant
Reply to
<memset

"interested" rather... lol

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

wrote in news:ZgSJd.9481$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

Mike, that's a pretty good setup. Squire is Fender's "less expensive" line, but for a beginner it's great stuff for the price.

First thing you'll have to do is build up the callouses on your left hand (if you're right-handed). That's the worst part - hurts like hell for a while. Good luck, and don't hesitate if you have questions.

Joe

Cool, Joe. Thanks for the confirmation. I'll pick up that setup then & get some better strings for it & start learning. I've always wanted to learn how to play guitar... figured why not do it finally? 3-4 weeks & I'll snag that. I'll definitely be back with questions LOL so thanks for the invite.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Any time. Best of luck with the new guitar. Just keep at it and don't give up when those fingers start to hurt... ;)

wrote in news:raTJd.9487$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

> > 51

Reply to
Joe