Please Help with a Pawl Replacement!!!

I am trying to replace the Pawl Bushing on a '65 so the outside door latch works. Does anyone know how to get a new one back in and the old one out? The space is so small and there has to be a better way then going in thru the door panel opening.

THX

KW

Reply to
KW

Please describe what you mean by "pawl" and "pawl bushing" as I'm not sure what it is you're trying to replace. Usually you just remove the door handle ( one screw and one nut) if you're describing the "push button pin" the rest is operated by a bellcrank to an actuating rod etc. When you take the handle off the door the pin and its bushing and bellcrank comes out with it as an assembly. You can then work on it at the bench. HTH StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet