Popped my cherry

After over three decades of buying, owning, leasing Ford motor vehicles, I've finally bought the company.

Just bought my first stock at the age of 55. The first buy was Ford stock, which I should have scooped up exactly one year ago. I've decided to buy stocks for the long-term only of companies that I believe in. Ford is one.

Hershey is another.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 10:53:24 -0400, dwight rearranged some electrons to say:

Although, buying it a year ago when it was around $2 a share would have been better. :-(

Reply to
david

To bad you didn't buy Apple 20 years ago. You wouldn't be agonizing over V6 and V8 Mustangs right now, you'd just buy one of each and give away the one you liked the least....

Reply to
WindsorFo

Well, hell, if we're using the WayBack machine, why not buy Google?

:()

Reply to
dwight

And Dell....

Reply to
WindsorFo

Buy low, sell high. :0)

Reply to
D E Willson

So far, so good, thanks. Ford's up 49 cents from when I bought it. I can really pick a winner...

Seriously, though, I've always had a hard time parting with things I've bought (witness two 1993 Mustangs). I've still got every camera I ever bought, would have every computer, too, if they didn't keep crapping out and turning themselves into landfill. I'll probably still be holding this stock when I die.

That Hershey stock is looking real appetizing, too... Chocolate, yummmmm.

I didn't know how much fun it could be, revelling in pennies every day (chump change, really). The worst is when the stocks are down on a Friday, and I've got to look at red numbers on my desktop all weekend.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

From dwight, on 3/16/2010 4:24 PM:

I don't want to brag. Oh, yeah, I guess I do. I picked up 600 shares in '08 at a few different prices. I sold it off at a couple points as it went up, but still have 200 I got at $1.98 :) Wish I'd kept it all.

-mb

Reply to
markB

I bought about 5k shares at ~$2 a share after hurricane Ike came thru and dropped it later at $6 a share. Paid off the 05 and had a blower installed plus rims tires for, oh, free basically. Ironically paid for by Ford!

Reply to
RM v2.0

From RM v2.0, on 3/23/2010 4:34 PM:

Nice! Triple... I remember saying to my buddy, "How can you not buy Ford at $2!" Ford is America :)

-mb

Reply to
markB