Window gasket

84 240 DL Wagon.

In the process of getting my power windows to work, I found that the rear drivers window was not secured to its raising arm. Of course, when I bought the car I was told that window "didn't work"...turns out it was just disconnected from the switch, the motor and raising mechanism are fine. Anyway, from looking at the other windows, it appears to be missing the little gasket that wedges between the glass and the arm. How can I go about fixing this? Is there a specific part I need, or can I just use any old piece of rubber that will work? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Drew Jones

Reply to
Drew Jones

Assuming you're talking about the metal track that goes on the bottom edge of the window, that you never see... In my climate the metal eventually rusts out and loses its grip on the rubber gasket, and therefore the window. Both metal track and gasket are available at your dealer, and for a reasonable cost. However putting them together takes considerable force, and you need to have the glass out of the door while doing it.

Reply to
Mike F