Re: 2004 Mustang Convertible Front End Noise

I purchased a 2004 Mustang convertible last Fall and have been noticing a "squeeky" type of sound coming from the front end when I turn the car. Since I do not have another Mustang to compare it too, was wondering if this sound is typical for this make and model.

Thanks, John

Reply to
John

If it only makes that noise when you turn, I would be looking at upper ball joints or tie rods. I would hope you have been keeping up the maintainence, if not, try greasing them.

Reply to
Greg Peck

lmfao wheres that grease nipple U FOCKTARD the usually have crunching noise

check strut bushings

lmfao ya foctard

hurc ast

Reply to
c3p0000

"upper ball joint"? No such think on a fox (79-93), or a sn95 (94-04) Mustang.

Sway bar bushings or sway bar endlink bushings. Strut bushing, or bad strut. *maybe* a bad lower balljoint, but you'd likely be experiencing driveability issues. *maybe* front lower control arm bushings. *maybe* alot of things...

Ford's notoriously noisy power steering pumps can whine loud enough that I have had totally-non-mechanical people call it 'squeaking'.

Take it to a reputeable sh> If it only makes that noise when you turn, I would be looking at upper ball

Reply to
cprice

i have an 04 vert

mine makes the same kind of noise you are describing - only sometimes tho

but from what i have read on the internet boards, it is a common thing with

04's - both coupes and convertibles

i had a 96 vert, and an 03 vert, and neither of them made the noise.

chris

04 comp orange cobra vert
Reply to
Chris Shea