Re: 69 mustang rolls in ' PARK '

I have heard that theres a pin in the FMX that can get worn down and cause the tranny to slip from park into reverse while running. I would be extremely careful if i were you, until you get it looked at or rebuilt.

I just bought a 69 Mustang recently,and it needs work.One question I have is > when I put it in park,if its on a gradient,it rolls,or on the level it can > be pushed,with no resistance.. I do have the parking foot brake,but that > needs fixing so it dosent work at the moment. > I think my gearbox is an FMX auto,but should it stay still in park,or is it > normal to roll(hence the parking foot brake) I'm kinda new to this ,so it > may sound like a dumb question > > Thanks > Andrew
Reply to
Jack Napier

Thanks guys,I'm gonna get it checked out.

Andrew

Reply to
me