Re-wiring

On a scale from 1-10 how hard is it to re-wire a 65' mustang?

Reply to
Mike C.

Well if 1 is easy and 10 is hard. For me it would be a 2. It has more wires than my 8N tractor which would be a 1.

For some people it may be infinity though , so it would be a pretty subjective scale. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I rewired my 65 using the painless harness and it wasn't too hard . I've got some pictures on my website, maybe they will help.

Rusty

Reply to
Rusty

"Rusty" wrote

How hard was it to rewire the whole car? How much did you pay for the kit?

Reply to
66 6F HCS

I think the kit was $600 from Summit. It wasn't that hard just time consuming. I did it on and off for about a week. I think that if you worked on it it would take only about 3 days.

Rusty

Reply to
Rusty

I'm assuming everything was well marked and easy to understand what went where. Am I right? The reason I ask is that I *get* to rewire my '66 and am not into trying to decipher an original wiring harness, plus I think I'd feel more confident in a new harness over an original with the original (read brittle) plastic insulation.

Reply to
66 6F HCS