Removing emblems on both fenders

Just curious really. How do you remove these emblems? Will the paint that the emblems are on be all bummed up or gone? 1998 Ford Mustang GT.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

There are holes behind them....

Reply to
SVTKate

Oh I know, I thought about 281 badges or something.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

I haven't taken them off, there are two ways they could be attached They could have a cap nut, then it would have to be wrenched off. You would have to gain access to the inside of the fender.

The could have a barrel fastener, in that case they could be popped off with a flat tool Call your dealership, and ask them.

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! The best way to get them off is with two dowels and some 20lb test mono. String the mono between the dowels then slip it in behind the badge and pull. Using anything else could screw up the paint. Why you doing that? Repaint?

SVTKate wrote:

Reply to
Rick Olive

The emblems are attached using double back tape, the holes in the fender and stud on the back of the emblem were simply a way to insure they were mounted in the same place on every car. This in turn screwed it up for those wanting to remove the emblem leaving two large holes in their place.

Tim (Musttanguy) PonyPerformance.com

Reply to
Musttanguy

So, there are no fasteners behind?

Excellent! I learned something today!

I like the monofilament idea too, sounds quick and dirty, would cut through the tape without any damage.

| > -Mike | | The emblems are attached using double back tape, the holes in the | fender and stud on the back of the emblem were simply a way to insure | they were mounted in the same place on every car. This in turn screwed | it up for those wanting to remove the emblem leaving two large holes in | their place. | | | Tim (Musttanguy) | PonyPerformance.com |

Reply to
SVTKate