removing GT emblems from body ?

I'd like to remove the "GT" emblems from the sides and rear of the car. I'd also like to remove the little blue "ford" oval from the rear as well. What is the best way to remove these emblems without harming the paint? Thank you. -z

Reply to
zed

I am dealing with a newer GT... I thought these emblems were the stick-on type...?

Reply to
zed

Two holes are used to locate badges even on new cars. Not really to secure them to the body, the adhesive does that, but so they are easy to put on in the factory. It's very cheap to have the body panel tooling punch a hole or two in the right spot and expensive to have a factory guy with a jig or something trying to align it.

Reply to
Brent P

Is this true for the GT and Ford emblems on the BACK of the car as well? The regular non-GT Mustang does not have an emblem in the spot where the GT emblem goes (for GTs). This would make me think that there are no holes under than particular emblem. Thanks for the info -z

Reply to
zed

What model year are you talking about here? For the fender emblems the 6 cylinder cars have running horse tri-colors where the GT Badges would be on a GT. All of them have the ford emblems. I dunno about the later GT badge on the back.

Reply to
Brent P

2002 - On the GT there's a GT emblem on the back (left side of license plate), but to my knowledge, the non-GT Mustang has no emblem in that same location, so it makes sense that there'd be no holes there.... otherwise Ford would have to drill holes only on the GT cars but not on the non-GT cars. As for the fenders, the GT cars have a GT emblem, but the non-GT cars have the pony emblem in the same location as you pointed out, so it makes more sense that there might be holes in these locations, since both models have emblems there. Well, it's no big deal. I thought the car would look cleaner without any emblems, but if it's gonna be a hassle to remove the emblems (due to resulting holes), then I will not bother. I was hoping that all emblems would just drop right off after hitting them with a hair drier and maybe some mild solvent, and then just wax the paint to have a nice clean emblem-free car... but I guess not. Thanks -z
Reply to
zed

Yes, the rear blue oval also has two alignment holes behind it. I discovered this a couple of years ago after mine fell off after a rigorous washing.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

and a HOLE too.. actually, as a whole, it's holy!

:)

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

DAHHHMN JD!

How vigorous do you get with the poor little thing!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

sorry my finger slipped from the H to the W

Reply to
RioRedGT

You must be *very* popular then if you can do that. ;-)

JS

Reply to
JS