Replacing a drive pinion oil seal

I have a 1972 Ford Mustang with a 3.25 traction-loc differential, 9". I need to replace my drive pinion oil seal on the differential because it's leaking. The Ford book says to use Tool 4851-k to hold the flange when removing the pinion nut. Where can I get this tool or is there something else that can be used? Also, where can I get a replacement pinion nut, because once removed it needs to be replaced?

Thanks.

Reply to
Joe

Got an impact wrench? That will take it right off. You can use a big crescent wrench or anything to hold it when you tighten it back up. The pinion nut should be available at your Ford dealer, but most people reuse this nut, even though they say you shouldn't. Personally, I'd buy a new one. As you probably know the seal can be purchased anywhere. You might ask at a NAPA store for the nut. Some of the other chain stores will probably not know what you are talking about.

Reply to
Kruse