rims on 93 gt

what do you guys think about me putting 22's on a 1993 gt convirt.

Reply to
Rob and Jami

Bling, but it's your car knock yourself out. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Not a good idea, IMO. 22" is WAY too large for the wheel well, it'd probably look like crap (It does on most vehicles), and it'd definitely ride like crap with those rubber-band tires that have no sidewall to speak of. I'd stick with a max of 18", but that's just me.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

The tires ould look like rubber bands, and ride even worse.

Reply to
boB

I don't think you want to know what I think about that, you will very insulted.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

the 18's that I have on my 98 rub now and again...

just something you should think of.

Reply to
SVTKate

If you want to lose most of the performance factor by not being able to go around turns, hit bumps, or even hit the gas too hard (between less straight-line traction of those rubber bands and the fact that suspension travel will sink the body right into the tire)... go for it.

Even 18's on a Fox are pushing it... but they work. 17's are probably as big as I'd personally go. You can still get shiny chrome 17's and 18's if you're looking for the bling factor.

JS

Reply to
JS