Road Rage and a Mustang gets destroyed

Things ought to look good.. very low interest rates, and government funding to the tune of 500,000,000,000 borrowed dollars a year. If its not good under those circumstances when would it be? Nothing like living way beyond our means and forcing our kids and grandkids to pay. It's immoral. A person of conservative views should know this and be demanding fiscal responsibility instead of praising theft from the next generation.

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

As I said, the network "news" is NOT news and I haven't watched it for decades. So I don't know who the current "anchors" are much less what they say. It's totally meaningless.

Why do you assume I am a Nader supporter? Bucause I don't spout the party line? I am an independent. I vote for the lesser of two evils regardless of party.

I would be insulted to be a registered Republican. I would be just as insulted to be a registered Democrat. Both parties are owned by big money and neither have the interest of the people at heart.. except for the show they put on just before an election. Despicable.

LJH

95GT
Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Here's another that shows quite easily the leftist bias in the media.

's VERY clear that the mainstream media is quite liberal.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

I don't care for the deficits either. I think we need to rein in spending. I also think our debt to GDP ratio is better than most of the countries you might say are more intelligent and informed than we are. My main concern is that we won't have a large enough work force to pay for the huge burden of the social programs we seem to be embracing. The generation of Baby Boomers will, in the end, pay the price for their folly. Any of this group relying on the government for their existence will be sorely disappointed. They will get just enough money on a monthly basis to exist and get minimal health care. Basically they will get what they deserve and planned for. I am proceeding as if the social programs don't exist and anyone that doesn't is being foolish.

There is one saying that seems to ring true time and time again. It is "What goes around comes around". The Baby Boomer generation elected politicians that have squandered the money meant to keep provide for them in their old age and ultimately they will pay the biggest price for their lack of concern.

One thing I have learned is it is important to know what you can change and what you can't change. Deficit spending is being promoted by both sides of the political isle. It is apparent their aren't enough people that care about this topic to change the status quo so I'm looking out for myself and my family in the mean time. I suggest anyone else that cares about the quality of their retirement do the same.

As a side note Larry, I'm surprised you would bl> Things ought to look good.. very low interest rates, and government funding

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Unfortunately they promote themselves as unbiased news organization.

I ask because it seems he shares the same views on corporate America as you. It wasn't meant as an insult.

Their interest is ultimately self preservation.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Many countries take far better care of their poor, their sick, and their elderly than we do in the U.S. - especially under the bu$h regime. If you're implying that no one is homeless or begging for food in the U.S., you are seriously confused.

-

Dick Cheney: "Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction." August 26, 2002.

Ari Fleischer: "We know for a fact that there are weapons there." January 9, 2003.

Colin Powell: "We know that Saddam Hussein is determined to keep his weapons of mass destruction, is determined to make more." February 5, 2003.

Donald Rumsfeld: "We know where they are," about these weapons. "They are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad." March 30, 2003.

George W. Bush: "We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons." February 8, 2003.

George W. Bush: "Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised." March 17, 2003.

"I think this is the worst government the US has ever had in its more than 200 years of history. It has engaged in extraordinarily irresponsible policies not only in foreign policy and economics but also in social and environmental policy.....This is not normal government policy. Now is the time for people to engage in civil disobedience. I think it's time to protest - as much as possible....What we have here is a form of looting." - George A. Akerlof, 2001 Nobel prize laureate economist

"One of the things we don't want to do is destroy the infrastructure in Iraq because in a few days we're going to own that country," - Tom Brokaw

Cost of probing Bill Clinton's sex life: $65 million. Cost of probing the Columbia shuttle disaster: $50 million. Funds assigned to independent Sept. 11 panel: $3 million.

"After all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering, President of the Reichstag, Nazi Party, and Luftwaffe Commander in Chief "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"You know, when bu$h said that he's against nation building, I didn't realize that he meant only the United States" -- Al Franken

Don't let bu$h do to the United States what his very close friend and top campaign contributor, Ken Lay, did to Enron...

"Personally, I don't think all the Iraqis on earth are worth even a single American life." - A usenet rabid right wing extremist terrorist.

Reply to
Hank

Don't confuse bashing the U.S. with bashing the lying, thieving, and incompetent Bush regime. There's a clear difference.

Many people like to see the truth concealed, but a story as despicable as the prison torture scandal must be told in all it's ugliness. That is truly a dark and deplorable chapter in our history that must never be forgotten or repeated.

That describes the Bush regime in a nutshell. No one has done more damage to this country than Bush. He has ruined thousands of lives, wasted hundreds of billions of desperately needed tax payer dollars, and sacrificed our global respect and credibility over his lies and greed. Many people now see the U.S. as a rogue terrorist nation. BUsh's terror attack on Iraq is the best thing that has happened to al Qaeda. You almost have to wonder if the Bush regime is working with them.

-

[...]

You've just confused the working poor with the corporate elite. Not east to do. The sites below explain in detail how tax laws that are written by and for the wealthiest few, steal from the working class and coddle the parasitic elite.

That's what happens when obscene military spending, an insane war on (some) drugs, and huge tax cuts for billionaires take priority over education. And then there's the not so trivial matter of Bush's illegal and immoral terror attack on the innocent people of Iraq which is costing us over 150 million dollars per DAY.

Describes Bush perfectly. He's had everything handed to him all his life, and has failed miserably at every opportunity. His scandalous presidency being his worst failure to date, unfortunately for us.

Thank Liberals and the ACLU for that!

Never heard of The Patriot act, eh? Might wanna read up on it.

What's good about supporting brutal dictators like Saddam Hussein and the many thugs listed below?

You can't be serious.

What would be an example of that?

-

"You know, when bu$h said that he's against nation building, I didn't realize that he meant only the United States" -- Al Franken

Don't let bu$h do to the United States what his very close friend and top campaign contributor, Ken Lay, did to Enron...

Reply to
Hank

There is no elitist left media in the U.S. to speak of. If there were, they would have exposed Bush's lies rather than blindly parroting them and supporting his illegal and immoral terror attack on Iraq. It would also be asking far more questions about the Bush regime's gross negligence and incompetence that paved the way for the attacks of 9-11.

-

[...]

I don't know of anyone who thinks the major news networks are unbiased. Their conservative slant is extreme and unmistakable. When was the last time you saw a major network do a story about our insane levels of military spending, or the failed and barbaric war on (some) drugs? Ever see any criticism of Israel or any mention of its numerous U.N. violations and human rights abuses on the big three news networks? Even PBS and NPR are dominated by conservatives.

-

[...]

Blindly? Anyone who seriously thinks that the mainstream media in the U.S. is liberal, is so far to the right it's almost funny.

Then you must be appalled at the way the Bush regime converted the Clinton administration's record budget surplus into a record deficit. The previous record for deficit spending was held by Bush's daddy. There is =nothing= conservative about the Bush regime or it's disastrous foreign and fiscal policies.

-

[...]

"You know, when Bush said that he's against nation building, I didn't realize that he meant only the United States" -- Al Franken

Don't let bu$h do to the United States what his very close friend and top campaign contributor, Ken Lay, did to Enron...

Reply to
Hank

"Hank" wrote

Compare ABC to Fox, Ya CAN'T. They're on opposite ends of the spectrum. Sorry to say it Hank, but I think that you are SO far left that EVERYTHING is to the right from your standpoint and just shows how far you're not dealing in reality (or common sense for that matter). At LEAST try to come closer to the actual Democratic Left as opposed to the tree huggers who are also NOW members.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

I'm with you alph, I'm staying righ here in Middleburg...

| > Some stupid people. An Eclipse cuts off a Mustang and the road rage | begins. | > 2 dead along with a perfectly nice 'Stang. Nobody knows where the ricer | > disappeared to. I don't know why I'm still amazed by the morons out there. | > -- | > Scott W. | > '66 Mustang HCS | > '68 Ranchero 500 | > '68 Fury III Fast Top | >

| | Damned, that was in Denver-- first a girder falls and kills a carload of | people, now this. | | I'll keep my white ass in Fort Collins.... | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Well *I* was laughing at all of you stepping on your own toes while trying to keep on someone elses toes, the whole thing made me giggle :¬D (note emotiocon)

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

They both give bu$h a pass on all his lies and screw ups, they both supported his illegal and immoral terror attack on the innocent people of Iraq, they both support our insane level of military spending, they both ignore our insultingly low minimum wage, they both ignore the insanity of our drug war, etc. etc.. There's no significant difference.

-

[...]

LMAO! Good one!

//Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

You have got to be the biggest idiot I have seen since the White Turdnado days. Ahnyone that takes something that Al Franken says seriously or worht mor than a dime should be charged a stupid tax. And you are DAMN right that every Iraqi on Earth is notworth one American. But only a REAL American. Not some foolish mammas boy who thinks that we should crawl under a rock and run from a fight or give a stinking terrorist anything they want to keep them happy. Go back to your rock littl boy.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

WTF does Franken have to do with comparing faux news to ABC, you ignorant illiterate moron?

Spoken just like a terrorist. Terrorists always dehumanize people - that makes it easier to justify their cowardly murder if innocent women and children. If you had a brain and a set of balls, bin Laden and al Qaeda could use a "man" like you.

bu$h and his ignorant brainwashed followers have given al Qaeda everything they could have dreamed for and more. You sure are one stupid, treasonous imbecile. You don't deserve to live in the U.S.. You and your ilk are bringing this country down and destroying our global respect and credibility.

-

[...]

Hey Hank, if you want to continue your Bush bashing (not that you could get any real bush anyways), start a new thread. This one is about road rage and a subsequent car accident where a mustang was destroyed and two people were killed. That is at least OT here. However I'd prefer that you stop posting altogether and take your agenda and pound it up your ass along with a handful of sand from Iraq. I suggest the sand from one of the many many death pits Saddam and his innocent regime, oops I meant benevolent government, used to maim, murder, or rape those who opposed him. Don't forget to lube up. I'm sure you own stock in some company that produces asslube.

Reply to
66 6F HCS