Saw a Saleen S281 Extreme today

Well, I got to see one up close and personal. It was a Screaming Yellow

2006 S281 Extreme. Forged internals and making more boost than the S281 S/C. It has 20" wheels with 15" brake rotors and 6 piston calipers. It also has some carbon fiber pieces on the front and rear valence that were very nice. Advertised at 550 bhp and 500 ft-lbs of torque.

The $72,000 price tag made me shudder a tad :). Man, put one of Saleen's pricier paints on that thing and you got yourself an $80,000+ Mustang. Ouch ;).

Come on Ford. Get the Boss 330 out there :).

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

"Dan" wrote in news:1144788323.216176.35970 @e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

For $72k, why not just get in line for a Viper or a GT500 if you can find one? ;)

I agree - the Boss 330 would be awesome. But I think it'll be a long time before we see a production version in the real world..

Reply to
Joe

72k? Here's one for 50k, right now.
Brian Bunin

bb snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Brian Bunin) wrote in news:oG%_f.46413$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

GUARANTEE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ60

Hell, it's used. Got 50 miles on it already.

Reply to
Joe