Semi-OT: Mustang Sally

How many versions of 'Mustang Sally' can you think of?

For starters:

Wilson Pickett (one of the best IMO) The Young Rascals The Committments Jeff Beck & Buddy Guy

Joe

Mustang GT

I think you may mean Long Tall Sally. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I've got a version that sounds like might have been done by John Fogerty. Could be one of the groups you mentioned, though; The only other one I've heard (besides my high school pep band ;) is Pickett's version.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Around 9/15/2003 7:46 PM, Joe spake thusly:

That reminds me, I took a look at the CDDB:

251 CDs with "Mustang Sally" listed. I only got to page four but noticed John Lee Hooker, Sam & Dave, some guy named Andrew Strong, and a group named "Ehukai".
Reply to
Garth Almgren

Stuart&Janet opined in news:Bgw9b.37$ snipped-for-privacy@mantis.golden.net:

W-H-A-T?!!!!!!

No. Mustang Sally.

I liked Rascals (see... I was a Young Rascal age 26 when the originals came out) and the Commitments' version really came across in the movie.

I musta missed the Beck/Guy version... cant recall it.

I've heard a couple other artist versions and they didnt light my fire.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yep, it like the car, is a classic. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

ok ok hows this: Wilson Pickett Buddy Guy Eric Clapton John Fogerty Joe Cocker Los Lobos Lou Reed CCR Tom Jones Paul Revere and the Raiders John Lee Hooker Hootie and the Blowfish Johnny Lang Tammy Wynette

Reply to
Mustang GT

I remember renting the movie "The Committments" when it first came out. They did a helluva good job on M/S enough for me to rent it a second time just to hear that cut again. Something about that version....

-- Mike

93 Cobra

Reply to
Mike R

Look at this collection of Mustang and Cobra related Music

the "Mustang related Music, Audio & Video" link to the left. A lot of cool music there.. Only problem is to get my hand on tose tracks..

See ya'll.

Reply to
Aimo